FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Denthúl
Barrichello almost had 2nd, I was hoping he would get to Hamilton.

If it had carried on lashing down and he hadn't had the refuelling rig issue, he could potentially have done it, seeing as Hamilton would most likely have had to pit for extremes and Barrichello was lapping around three seconds faster than Lewis at the time. If he had stayed out for another two laps, he would have been ahead of Nick, but he may not have been able to sustain that lead once the advantage of being on the right tyres went away.
By 7UpJordan
Just got back in about 2 hours ago and I am KNACKERED, 3 days of being at Silverstone takes a hell of a lot out of you. Watch this space, tomorrow I'll be uploading some pics and about an hours worth of videos from the weekend. :)

But right now, Kazuki Nakajima has got to be one of the best things to come out of Japan since Nintendo. :D
By Rivelution
Just got back in about 2 hours ago and I am KNACKERED, 3 days of being at Silverstone takes a hell of a lot out of you. Watch this space, tomorrow I'll be uploading some pics and about an hours worth of videos from the weekend. :)

But right now, Kazuki Nakajima has got to be one of the best things to come out of Japan since Nintendo. :D

Great stuff, cant wait to see those pics :P
By 7UpJordan
So what was James Allen like today? The commentators at Silverstone TV on the Kangaroo TV unit were pretty good, but they didn't half make a funny gaffe yesterday in final practice when Bourdais went fastest, because on the graphics, Bourdais is shortened to "BOU" just like a certain other ex Belgian Williams driver would be. And instead he said "And Thierry Boutsen has just gone quickest, oh no wait sorry Bourdais has". Maybe the commentator must have been stuck 20 years in the past. :P
By Denthúl

I'm agreeing on the Nakajima thing. Easily rookie of the year. Piquet is starting to shape up, too. But Nakajima, I feel, will be a champion somewhere down the line. Just needs to work a little on his racecraft, because the pace is there.
By 7UpJordan

I'm agreeing on the Nakajima thing. Easily rookie of the year. Piquet is starting to shape up, too. But Nakajima, I feel, will be a champion somewhere down the line. Just needs to work a little on his racecraft, because the pace is there.

Piquet's starting to come good, Nakajima has hardly made mistakes, but Glock reminds me of Philippe Alliot, showing pace occasionally but acting like a mobile chicane other times.
By Denthúl
You'll forgive me for not knowing who that is, of course? :P

I'm still shocked by Rubens' performance today. Utterly stunned when that happened and it brought back many fond memories when he took his place on that podium. He is deserving of at least one world championship is that man, just a shame Ferrari never gave him the chance...
By 7UpJordan

I'm still shocked by Rubens' performance today. Utterly stunned when that happened and it brought back many fond memories when he took his place on that podium. He is deserving of at least one world championship is that man, just a shame Ferrari never gave him the chance...

Rubens was brilliant today, showing what he could have achieved in his Ferrari days. His drive reminded me of how he won his first race 8 years ago at Hockenheim in similar conditions. 8 years... 2000 really does sound a long time ago now!
By Rivelution

I agree, Nakajima is really starting to impress me, but he needs to work on his qualifying too.

I thought that a lot of that performance was down to a proper choice of tyres. Brawn and others may have had a choice in that decision. But Button, generally good in the wet, couldn't keep the car on the track with the same tyres. Rubens could.

Though, I'm not sure I'd classify the choice of tyres to be "brilliant". I'd have to agree with Brundle that it was a no-brainer to send the cars out with extreme wets when they were 10 seconds a lap faster. The truly astonishing thing was why more teams didn't do this.
By nikon133
So nice to see Rubens get a good result :D
WTF were Ferrari's strategists thinking??

When Ross Brawn (the Ferrari brain) left this was bound to happen. It will take time for Luca to become as good a strategist as Brawn but these mistakes all add to his learning process. As long as this is a one time blip then Ferrari fans don't have too much to worry about

I'm sure they were sure they had a reason, I'd just like to know what it was :rolleyes:

This was not a fine error that separates experienced from developing strategist, this was so complete misjudgment that it can't be just due to lack of experience. They had something on their mind that simply didn't work as they expected. So did Renault with Alonso, right?
By Rivelution
I like Rubens' answer.

Q: In terms of where you’ve been for the last 18 months, what does this podium finish feel like for you?

Rubens Barrichello-The team knows – maybe those outside don’t – but I have this great feeling. It’s like I’m young, it’s like I’m smiling at problems, it’s like I’m working more. I feel that. I just love the sport, I just love the speed, I cannot live without that. It’s not that I want to prove to Ross that I’m physically capable. He knows that I have the speed and I want to keep on racing. I want to take the chance to thank very much – to dedicate this race to my kiddo, to Eduardo, because he, yesterday, he saw how tough it was to be 16th and he said ‘oh Dad, I’m going to pray for wet for you to get on the podium tomorrow,’ so how magic this is!

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2008/7/8060.html
By nikon133
Here come the Ferrari trolls

Just face it, Mclaren were way more on top this weekend! :clap:

Also Nick wow, he is back from this race! He drove superbly

Yeah, I think McLaren car was car to beat this weekend, and whole team was also functioning superbly. That is reason more I'm disappointed with Heikki... it looked as if he, simply, didn't have what it takes to do well under conditions (which is hardly an excuse). :irked:
By racechick
Here come the Ferrari trolls

Just face it, Mclaren were way more on top this weekend! :clap:

Also Nick wow, he is back from this race! He drove superbly

Yeah, I think McLaren car was car to beat this weekend, and whole team was also functioning superbly. That is reason more I'm disappointed with Heikki... it looked as if he, simply, didn't have what it takes to do well under conditions (which is hardly an excuse). :irked:

Which I said at the beginning of the seasonb. Great guy, reasonable driver but not on lewis' level.

See our F1 related articles too!