FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Enlightened
I have been waiting for this since 1994. MS is an opportunitist and there is no doubt about it. This is the 1st time that I share my views in a forum. I started watching F1 in 1982 and became a Senna fan shortly after, even before he became a champion. I have a feeling that most Ferrari fans are new to F1. That's why they don't understand that you should not win the Championship through cheating. The Great Ones had to fight for it. They did not complain like ferrari drivers and got the FIA to take their side. Remember what happened in the 60's with the Ford GT who beat Ferrari. Every time Ferrari starts to loose, the FIA starts to change the rules (recently the mass dampner). I stoped watching F1 after Senna's death and came back last year when Alonso won. Finally, the Spirit of F1 is coming back and with MS departure, it is officially here.
By Irv the Swerve
oh rite so you take a break 4 a while and when someone else than schuey wins oh i better start watching f1 again tell me if im right? 'only sing when you are winning'
By Enlightened
You still don't get it. Since when winning is done thru the pit lane? That's SM style not the style of a great F1 driver.
Yes I took a break because I was tired of the farse that F1 was becoming.
The Sunday Senna died, shortly before the race started he told Alain Post "I miss you my friend". I was watching it. Senna was the last of the Standing giants! With his death, F1 became empty and boring because Post and Mansell had retired too.
By Selcouth_Feline
I think there is something dodgy about the FIA this year with all the deicsions looking like they swing Ferrari's way. However, for me, it's been the best season in a long, long while with some great battles going on. I don't think you can blame Schumacher for the boringness that F1 has been of late, in fact he's helped this season become a lot more interesting ;) cheating is bad, but it's not only Schumacher who's guilty of this!!

F1 is defiitely becoming more exicitng, like it was when I used to watch Senna and I'm sure there will be some fantastic battles next season. Unfortunately Enlightened, it looks like I'll be joining the ranks of the Tifosi fans seeing as Kimi is moving across....take heart....at least he doesn't cheat ;)
By Enlightened
I don't have a problem with Ferrari and yes you are right that others do cheat too. Senna wasn't the cleanest of them at all. But it was his racing style that got people to love him. Yes this year is very interesting beacuse FIA is trying to help Ferrari and MS win and yet Renault blocks them. I wish the action this year was around all the past years. For sure Ferrari had superior cars but when someone challenges them, the FIA changes the rules. That's what i'm talking about!
By Irv the Swerve
someone who is a genius, someone who has 7 count them 7 world titles maybe 8
i dont think you get it, because your hero or your favourite retires you dont just stop supporting f1 next year when schuey retires i still watch f1 we dont need a fake f1 fan in the sport..ever
Last edited by Irv the Swerve on 10 Sep 06, 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
By Enlightened
Spitz, SM is the luckiest driver ever. This is why: he entered at a time when the Mansell and Post where nearing their retirement. Then Senna died. It was all MS after that. Of course, good for him but name another grade A challenger. Villeneuve or DC, please. I hope this makes sense.
I am not blaming it on MS. I admit that he is 1 of the greatest drivers ever. But where is the fun when you have no challengers? Sorry, it is boring.
By Irv the Swerve
Spitz, SM is the luckiest driver ever. This is why: he entered at a time when the Mansell and Post where nearing their retirement. Then Senna died. It was all MS after that. Of course, good for him but name another grade A challenger. Villeneuve or DC, please. I hope this makes sense.
I am not blaming it on MS. I admit that he is 1 of the greatest drivers ever. But where is the fun when you have no challengers? Sorry, it is boring.
its just they way it turned out. its not his fault senna died (RIP senna ) its not his fault that mansell was to fat for f1 since they had to make the cockpit larger and prost well in my view he wasnt a great driver good not great and his retirement was better sooner than later. so what if schuey 'cheated' everybody wants to win he just wanted more and its not his fault with the challengers there might have been a couple of challengers but schuey was better
By Enlightened
Let me put it this way. If you go to watch a movie, do you want the camera to be on the same actor all the time? I don't think so. That's what happened to F1 in the past 10 years. Right time (no good challengers), right car (the perfect script) and the right producer (FIA favoring MS & Ferrari). All came together to give SM the best time of his life.
By Irv the Swerve
oh FIA are biased are they. sure nothing happens to poor schuey :( . give me a break. look i dont to keep on arguing your point sick of schuey my point schuey great. end of
By Enlightened
If SM is the greatest driver ever than why did he need the help of his teammates time after time to win races and therefore championships. I don't get it. You claim that he's the best, well then let him prove it without the help of team orders. Let them both race to their max and may the best win. Not at Ferrari, or isn't it? It is funny that both Barichello and Massa are brazilians of italian origins and they drive for Ferrari. Doesn't it make sense?
By Irv the Swerve
a team is made up of drivers, drivers of a team are called teammates, take the hint
By Enlightened
Next Grand Prix, if FA qualifies well, the stewards will give a penalty. When asked why, they'll respond as following: we have been trying to help MS to win this year yet you and Renault have not allowed us to do our job. Therefore, because you stand in our way, which is illegal, you have been penalized. It is just sad.
By Irv the Swerve
you cant take that ferrari are coming back since the USA GP was alonslow given a penalty there no his own fault at hungary his own fault yesterday and hes a one-hit champion
By darwin dali
So far this season, I haven't seen much of teammate help for MS...

See our F1 related articles too!