FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
not a bad result in qualiyfing for ferarri and with alonso in P5 this is a good chance to grab some points

Quailyfing Result:
1 Raikkonen
2 M.Schumacher
3 Heidfeld
4 Massa
5 Alonso
6 Button
7 Kubica
8 DLR
By Selcouth_Feline
Well done to Raikkonen too....really unexpected! :)
Ferrari are in a strong position. With two tyres shredding themselves today, I wonder how many will go tomorrow?

Predictions for the finish tomorrow?
For me:
1. Schumi
2. Massa
3. Button
4. Alonso

I think Kimi will continue his current run of form and he will either get punted off, or his engine or tyres will go :(
By certom
i've got fear for the first chicane...

1- Schumi
2- Massa
3- Kimi

anyone knows if the damage on Alonso's car could be repaired? or the closed park interests just the mechanic stuff?
By certom
i'm dreaming??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????? alonso will start in P10 for blocking massa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
By darwin dali
Oooooops - ouch! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
That'll make the championship even more interesting. We could be down to 2 pts difference at the end of the race...
By darwin dali
Below is the full decision by the Italian Grand Prix stewards on the matter of Renault driver Fernando Alonso:

A report was received from the race director that stated that the driver of car No. 1, Fernando Alonso, had impeded another driver during qualifying, namely Felipe Massa, car No. 6.

The stewards after hearing the explanation of both the drivers, their team managers, and having seen video evidence and data supplied by Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, find that:

1. Fernando Alonso was on his out-lap and, having been caught by Felipa Massa, did impede him;

2. To impede another driver during the qualifying practice session is an offence. (Article 116b of the 2006 Formula One Sporting Regulations);

3. Such actions may not have been deliberate.

The stewards determine that a breach of the regulations has occurred during qualifying practice and by virtue of the provisions of the 2006 Formula One Sporting Regulations Article 112 order that the best three laps set by Fernando Alonso in the third period of qualifying be deleted.

Signed by Tony Scott Andrews, Enzo Spano and Alessandro Tibiletti
By Irv the Swerve
this is the chance we have to take here and now!!!
my predictions
1 MSC
2 Heidfeld
3 Massa
DNF:Alonso :D:D
By logan
So far so good....well a ople would have been even better but P2 fro Shumi with Alonso starting 10'th not bad..
One thing though for sure the Michelens have definately improved their tyres as both Mclarens as well as the Renault seemed very competative.Now although for this race things look good for Ferrari ,the last 3 races will be very tough.
Predictions for the race..well Mclaren are very well determined to score at leat 1 victory and this seems an opportunity,although with Mclaren you just never know..Overtaking again will be difficult so unless Shumi is on higher fuel load and get the position during pit stops win seems distant for Shumi..still hoping for the best.And although Alonso's starting 10 you can still imagine him giving a fight for 4 or 3 place.

Race:
1.Shumi
2.Kimi
3.Massa
4.Button

Well not sure by how many points will Ferrari be up in the WCC by the end of this race but it will overtake Renaults in WCC almost for sure....
By certom
hey guys no one knows the answer to my question? i mean, if the car of alonso can be repaired or not for the race...
By Irv the Swerve
the said on itv if the car is damaged from the puncture the it can be repaired in parc-ferme
By certom
ok..thanks!
By Irv the Swerve
what a race! i am sick of itv with their ad breaks because i missed and i say a lot of you missed as well the alonso blow up :D because they take about 6-7 ad breaks per race and we the viewers are missing out. Schuey was brill so was kubica and i love when james allen goes mental, when he gave out to the director
By Selcouth_Feline
Spitz, nice call on the Alonso DNF!!
Strange to see a Renault engine blow up, but good for Schumi and Ferrari :) I wonder if the blow up had anything to do with his problems yesterday....I wonder if something small got into the engine and caused the failure today.

Brilliant to see Kimi do so well and I'm really pleased to see confirmation he is going to be driving for ferrari for the next three years :)

See our F1 related articles too!