FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stephen
Well, that's put the cat among the pigeons so to speak - no free drive at Renault now in 2007. That means, Mazza, Schumacher and Kimi will fight over the remaining seats at McLaren and Ferrari. Could the decision by Renault mean that Kimi is signing with Ferrari, and if so, could Schumacher be resigning himself to the Swiss countryside?
By darwin dali
Yup, that's what's happening...
By Evaneoun
Hmm, yeah, Kimi and Massa at Ferrari I think...but y'never know.

Don't know much about Kovalainen but from what I gather he seems a good choice for Renault.
By Irv the Swerve
i dont think renault will be as strong next season because it might take kovalainen a while to get going or mabye not and i dont think fischella will be challenging for the title next year as well i dont think he is good enough anymore
By darwin dali
Never was... :roll:
By enzo
alright, hardly a champion or even a champion contender i'd go as far as calling him an average driver
By sonic
I never rated Fisichella highly, despite him being hyped as a future champion for some time while he was at Minardi and Jordan. He is a good team player and as such makes a good number two. I do not think he is a good choice for Renault as Heiki Kovalainen needs someone with more pace to push him on in his rookie year. I think Kovalainen will easily outpace Fisichella and the lack of pressure from a team mate might make it too easy for him to get settled into a pace and not learn as much as he could from a faster team mate. Had I been in charge, I would have dropped Fisichella some time ago and promoted Kovalainen then. He could benefit infinately more from a talented team mate like Alonso than he could with Fisichella.That said, I rate Kovalainen very highly and would not be surprised if he quickly proves himself a championship contender next year. His performance in the 2004 race of champions was unforgetable. He beat Sebastien Loeb in Loebs own rally car and went on to beat Schumacher in a sports car. No mean feat by anyones standards. Expect a great season in 2007!
By Selcouth_Feline
I never rated Fisichella highly, despite him being hyped as a future champion for some time while he was at Minardi and Jordan.

Definitely. I've always felt he was too erratic both in his driving and in the way he handles himself around other drivers.

. He beat Sebastien Loeb in Loebs own rally car and went on to beat Schumacher in a sports car. No mean feat by anyones standards. Expect a great season in 2007!

I didn't know this....sounds like he could be a great new talent :)

See our F1 related articles too!