No votes
0%
Perez
No votes
0%
Other
No votes
0%
Vote for the star performer of the race from the list provided!

Please feel free to explain your choice. :thumbup:
John Doe wrote: 06 Sep 20, 20:13 LH of course. You can't beat the stewards but can show them how unstoppable you are.
That trip during the red flag period by Lewis to conspire with the stewards and whoever else he met with was very odd. Reminded me of the trickery Prost undertook against Senna in 1989.

I am proud that the Stewards didn't bow to Lewis's bully tactics.
overboost wrote: 06 Sep 20, 23:22
John Doe wrote: 06 Sep 20, 20:13 LH of course. You can't beat the stewards but can show them how unstoppable you are.
That trip during the red flag period by Lewis to conspire with the stewards and whoever else he met with was very odd. Reminded me of the trickery Prost undertook against Senna in 1989.

I am proud that the Stewards didn't bow to Lewis's bully tactics.
There is no conspiracy. Simply put explain the need for a safety car.
darwin dali wrote: 06 Sep 20, 23:37 Apparently he wanted to see the footage and then conceded that he did wrong.
Well he wasn't convinced. Apparently just before the restart after the red flag period Lewis went on the radio and told the team they should not come in after 2 laps to take the penalty and that they should 'risk it' .

Lewis went to the stewards to overturn the penalty and was not convinced at all by their footage. He could see that footage in the Merc pit, he just wasn't accepting that he made a big mistake.
It was also his team: they were busy plotting the strategy calls when the safety car came out and didn't pay attention to pg. 3 of the display where it was announced that the pit lane was closed, hence they didn't alert LH.
Along with the 10-second time penalty that cost him victory in last Sunday’s Italian GP, Hamilton was also slapped with two penalty points for driving up the pitlane when it was closed.

Like conventional driving licences, once a driver reaches 12 points within a 12 month period they automatically receive a ban.

Hamilton is now up to eight points with two points due to be expunged - but not until November - meaning he has to keep things clean.

Hamilton initially sought out the race stewards for an explanation as he had missed the signs saying that the pitlane was closed during the Italian GP.

However, he was later satisfied with their decision and accepted responsibility for the error that resulted in him finishing in seventh place.

FIA Race Director, Michael Masi, says Hamilton was well within his rights to ask for a clarification.

He said: “As far as I understand, when Lewis saw the video, he agreed that the penalty was fair.
I think this a good explanation. LEWIS went to stewards to seek clarification of why he was penalised. He received and accepted it. After race he admitted he was in error and that he would learn from this.
That said I maintain pitlane closure sign is inadequate and need rectifying for future . The orange coloured cross on opposite side of track to pitlane is poor indicator of pitlane closed. Why not a big Red Cross over pitlane entrance? Why not a light in cockpit? Two drivers and two teams missing it is a testament to its failure. Drivers and teams know straight away when out comes the safety car. Pit lane closure should be same.
I believe it was first time used this signalling. They need to go back to drawing design!

See our F1 related articles too!