FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Last edited by overboost on 21 Oct 18, 03:31, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
By overboost
Vettel to start 5th due to his penalty. He didn't slow down enough to satisfy the stewards for the red flag in practice 1. Vettel needs to get up to Hamilton to keep his fragile, feeble, pathetic hopes alive.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2018/10/19 ... -red-flag/
By jmk
I thought it was too bad that the Mercedes team beat Louis with the 11 lap pit. When Louis himself said he didn't know who made that call, it was clearly going to be a long way from there! Oh well, next week is Mexico. Perhaps he'll win the title there! :)
By overboost
Yes it was Mercedes who couldn't resist the safety car pitstop. It put Hamilton on a two stopper. Kimi though got those saved seconds back out of Hamilton with his defending before his pitstop so not all Wolff's fault.
By overboost

Note: Ocon and Magnussen both disqualified due to fuel infractions so Hartley and Ericsson move up into the points.
By overboost
Raikkonen wins his 21st GP. Now he has the most wins for a Finn and 50 podiums as a Ferrari driver. Kimi is the only racer to have won a race with the V6 turbo, the V8 and the V10 engines.

And this may be the last ever GP win for a driver born in the 1970's.

Also a bigger crowd to see Kimi than at Trump's inauguration!

Last edited by overboost on 24 Oct 18, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.
By sagi58
Great race... lots of stuff happening, pretty well on every lap...
Have to say, I am really happy for Kimi and that he's going out on a high note...
He apparently turned 39 this week, which makes him "old" in F1 terms; but,
man, did he show the young guns how it's done today...

Great to hear the announcers take back their mantra of "did Ferrari screw up, again"
and "what are they thinking"... best line of the day, "I'd like to sit down with their
strategist and ask him, just what he was thinking"!! Got bit in the a.s.s., eh??
By gdh
Great to see Kimi win, Ferrari not screw one up and Max hold off LH at the end.
By darwin dali
Great to hear the announcers take back their mantra of "did Ferrari screw up, again"
and "what are they thinking"... best line of the day, "I'd like to sit down with their
strategist and ask him, just what he was thinking"!! Got bit in the a.s.s., eh??

Yeah, those bite marks are (or should be) a wee bit deeper than what I usually leave with my better half, just a tad :twisted::whip:
By sagi58

Yeah, those bite marks are (or should be) a wee bit deeper than what I usually leave with my better half, just a tad :twisted::whip:

:rofl::thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!