Formula One related discussion.

Rate Japan!

1 Completely forgettable
No votes
0%
2 A snore-fest, dull, no action
No votes
0%
3 Boring, uneventful, only livened by mistakes.
50%
4 A procession at the front or generally a crappy race.
No votes
0%
5 Some good battles
25%
6 A memorable race
25%
7 Competitive racing - hard fought, strategic
No votes
0%
8 Exciting - a dramatic finish or an upset
No votes
0%
9 Could be the best race of the season
No votes
0%
10 One for the Ages!
No votes
0%
By overboost
Rate the Japanese GP
By sagi58
Gave it a four because it was memorable...

This will be "the" race I will remember as being the one where Mercedes made it evident beyond any shadow of a doubt that ALL teams have a "preferred" driver...

The race where even the announcers were clear that if Hamilton wins in Austin to clinch the WDC, Bottas will be allowed to race him...

Yup... No more arguments/accusations/recriminations about Ferrari and the Schumi years...
Not even the staunchest of Hamilton supporters can argue the FACT that Bottas did his job as wingman and that Hamilton totally benefitted from that salient FACT...

As "they" say, history repeats itself...
Gave it a 5. HOWEVER, this was the first race in my memory where I simply fast forwarded for the most part to watch it on double or triple speed just to get it over with and not hear the Sky sycophants :vomit:
By gdh
More proof that If Ferrari want to win a driver and constructor championship they need to house clean team mngt. Maybe more raiding of Merc would be a good starting point and move the team to England. If Honda gets their engine power/reliability up to where Merc's is Ferrari will be back in 3rd place after mid season break. It's been over a decade since a driver won and a decade since the team won (IIRC). Wth all the $ that has been piled into that team over this time frame finishing 2nd is down to poor mngt and a team culture that just is not effective both in the plant and at the track.
I didn't watch it. :( I watched the highlights on the F1 website. When fans like me (I'm currently surrounded by F1 books, pictures, magazines from the 90s and 00s) turn off you have to wonder if this "sport" has a future. No doubt a great drive by the Mercedes team whilst Ferrari did something else beyond dumb.
Hi guys. I give it a 5. Some good battles mid pack. That is my focus. Returning as an interested F1 fan for the first time since the 1960s, here is a caveat to support my rating. The top three teams, e.g., Mercedes/Ferrari/Red Bull are either so good or so dominate that their finish is pre-ordained unless they beat themselves. So I enjoy following the best of the rest and the mid-pack racing, and pretty much disregard what is going on up front.

Japanese GP is highly rated by the majority of the drivers interviewed, so even if me as a viewer did not find it satisfying, they did. Good on them. They need a race tailored to them.

My F1 fantasy team, Williams-Houston, is made up entirely of mid-packers and back-markers. I have great fun watching them vie for position on their turf.

Cheers. Looking forward to Austin.

See our F1 related articles too!