FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By myownalias
Back in the 90s, these *** racing incidents *** occurred every few races, look up the racing incidents between Hill and Schumacher.

I'm always willing to agree to disagree.

Aryton Senna once said, "when you no longer go for the gap, you are no longer a racing driver", you could apply this logic to Vettel, Verstappen and Raikkonen! :-)
By sagi58
Back in the 90s, these *** racing incidents *** occurred every few races, look up the racing incidents between Hill and Schumacher.

I'm always willing to agree to disagree.

Aryton Senna once said, "when you no longer go for the gap, you are no longer a racing driver", you could apply this logic to Vettel, Verstappen and Raikkonen! :-)

So... if they occurred that often, why does Brundle get his knickers in a knot, whining and moaning about how it's all Vettel's fault? He didn't take issue with Verstappen trying to squeeze through... oh, wait... I just realized why that is. :banghead:

And, yes, Senna's logic does apply; unfortunately, in this case, they all paid the price. If any of the three had a few more inches, that carnage may not have "graced" our screens!!
By overboost
"MAD MAX: Ferrari Road"

https://streamable.com/1z0mx
By myownalias
I don't know why you are getting all knotted up over a random pundits opinion? The only opinion that counts is that of the stewards.

Raikkonen was not against the wall, it looks like he had at least a tire width between him and the wall and Vettel literally had two-thirds of the track width at his disposal.

This is a circular argument, Max could have pulled out earlier, Kimi could have moved over a little more and Vettel could have chosen to not chop so aggressively across the track.
By darwin dali
Max could have pulled out earlier

Does he know how child support payments work? :hehe:
By rob91
I thought the first lap crash was a racing incident. Vettel moved left to defend his position which he is allowed to do, Räikkönen went to pass on the inside and Verstappen was squeezed between the pair of them and had nowhere to go. His car hit Räikkönen's car which was then pitched into the side of Vettel's car and poor old Alonso was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It was a massive shame because it ruined what probably would have been a great race but there was no one person at fault here, it was just unfortunate for these drivers how their actions conspired to cause the accident.

I disagree with people saying that the championship has been decided by this crash, the accident doesn't take away the fact that Ferrari had a quicker car than Mercedes in Singapore so it is definitely possible that they will continue to be in the fight for victories for the rest of the season, and Vettel is only 28 points behind Hamilton with 150 points still to play for, others have won from a greater deficit in the past including Vettel himself. The World Drivers' Championship isn't over by any stretch of the imagination.
By myownalias
I disagree with people saying that the championship has been decided by this crash, the accident doesn't take away the fact that Ferrari had a quicker car than Mercedes in Singapore so it is definitely possible that they will continue to be in the fight for victories for the rest of the season, and Vettel is only 28 points behind Hamilton with 150 points still to play for, others have won from a greater deficit in the past including Vettel himself. The World Drivers' Championship isn't over by any stretch of the imagination.

Let's rephrase, it would be very difficult for Vettel to turn it around given the races coming up, I think that Ferrari is better on the street circuits, but at least four of the next six races are on power circuits, which plays into the hands of Mercedes. I believe that Vettel and Ferrari need a DNF for Hamilton to have a chance!
By sagi58
... I believe that Vettel and Ferrari need a DNF for Hamilton to have a chance!

Well, no one could foresee the end result at Singapore!! :thumbup:
By sagi58

Maybe he's too young for that to be a concern? :scratchchin:
By darwin dali

What? His testes haven't descended yet? :yikes:
By myownalias

What? His testes haven't descended yet? :yikes:

Maybe DD's needs to take young Max to the dungeon to help them drop?

The dungeon hasn't been mentioned in a while... you haven't gone all 'soft' on us have you DD? :twisted:
By darwin dali
We closed the dungeon to the paying public a while ago. However, just recently I expanded my private dungeon to now take up the entire downstairs. By invitation only :twisted::whip:
By sagi58
...The dungeon hasn't been mentioned in a while... you haven't gone all 'soft' on us have you DD? :twisted:

:rofl:
By myownalias
We closed the dungeon to the paying public a while ago. However, just recently I expanded my private dungeon to now take up the entire downstairs. By invitation only :twisted::whip:

So, I guess there is an open invitation for Max then? :whip:
By darwin dali

So, I guess there is an open invitation for Max then? :whip:

Only AFTER his balls have dropped :P

See our F1 related articles too!