FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

By myownalias
I definitely think that Ferrari need to bounce back immediately, otherwise I suspect that Mercedes will only get stronger, clearly, the Mercedes is the better car, Ferrari need that psychological edge over their German rivals, after a competitive first half of the season, I'd hate to see a string of Mercedes 1-2 to demoralize Ferrari.
By overboost
By overboost
By overboost
By overboost
Sochi I think was a Ferrari front row!
By overboost
By sagi58
Great way to start summer break!!
So happy it was a one-two... finally!!
Mind you, I was biting my nails when
Vettel mentioned steering problems!!
By andrew
Well deserved and over-due win for Vettel. He did a brilliant job with a sick car and a faster team-mate behind. Hopefully Ferrari repay Raikkonen later in the year.

Pretty shitty of Merc to screw over Bottas. Should have allowed him to turn up his engine and chase after the Ferrari's, but at least he was given his place back.

Verstappen proved yet again that he is nothing more than a spoilt brat and a top class twat.

Hamilton moaning about the radio made me laugh, especially with Vettel having handling issues, which are surely harder to work around. Drivers managed for years without radios and there are pit-boards. Adapt and overcome.

Points finish for McLaren at last and the fastest lap for Alonso. Did someone sneak a Merc engine in the back of the chassis?

Not a bad race as far as races go these days.
By myownalias
The Hungarian GP was a decent race to end the first 'half' of the season, I think it was vital for Ferrari to go into the break on a high after the British Grand Prix tire disaster. For Vettel to win with his steering constantly pulling to the left was impressive, although you probably have to say that Raikkonen was being a good team player, not attempting any overtake in a clearly faster car.

Andrew, I don't think that Bottas was screwed, he was stuck behind Raikkonen for many laps, making no inroads, so it made sense to let Hamilton have a go. All credit to Hamilton, he did hand the 3rd place back to Bottas when he couldn't make the move on the Ferrari's and Hamilton had to slow down significantly to allow Bottas to pass, it's not like he was immediately behind.

I'm happy to see McLaren finally get double points score and move off the foot of the constructor's championship table. The battle for sixth was the battle of the race for me with Alonso winning out in the end. The Red Bull clash in turn 2 was disappointing, it could have been a podium or even double podium for Red Bull if Daniel was in the race and Max hadn't received the penalty.
By sagi58
...The Red Bull clash in turn 2 was disappointing, it could have been a podium or even double podium for Red Bull if Daniel was in the race and Max hadn't received the penalty.

I know Verstappen hit Ricciardo; but, it's interesting that the announcers got it wrong,
when they insisted that it was an accident... they didn't think he'd be penalized!
Yet, he was... conspiracy theorists have a go!! :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!