FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost
This could be a real opportunity for Bottas.

ImageA win for Bot and a close enough for a Imagefifth place for Ham will have Bottas only close enough for a Image13 points behind him in the wdc at the mid way point in the season...

From whence did you get your crystal ball?

Bottas is hungry and he has found the same weak spot in Hamilton as Rosberg found. All he needs to do is keep up the smooth, consistent pressure and he will be able to 'Rosberg' Hamilton for a second year in a row.
Last edited by overboost on 10 Jul 17, 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
By andrew
... What I will concede is that Vetel needs to change his mind-set. He seems to be getting caught up in too much BS which is bound to detract from the job on-track...

Was thinking the same thing... and, I'll go so far as saying Hamilton's refusal to shake hands after Qualifying yesterday is his own contribution to the BS games!!

I didn't see the qualifying. Even if it is utterly false, at least Vettel can keep up the public display.
By myownalias
I quite enjoyed this race, great result for Bottas, solid drive, managed the race, didn't make any mistakes despite the blistered tires. Happy to see Daniel Ricciardo on the podium again, I personally like the shoey, I think it's a little bit of fun and really suits Ricciardo's personality. I really liked the battle for 1st and 3rd was amazing near the end, I actually had some of that nervous energy in my stomach that has been missing for some time, Excellent resuly for HAAS with the sixth place for Grosjean, It's getting interesting with Bottas closing in on Hamilton, just 15 points, the gap between between Hamilton and Bottas in the world title chase.
By Stephen
The ghost of Britney...

No one could have said that better! :rofl:

I spent the race wondering whether Perez was a born racer or just a complete a-hole - unfortunately, given Canada, I suspect the latter. :rolleyes:
By Big Azza
As an STR Fan, I'm really interested to see where they go from here. If Daniil Kvyat "lost his references" in bloody turn 1, he cannot be an F1 driver.

Only scored 4 points compared to Sainz's 29. And meanwhile Pierre Gasly - last year's GP2 winner and in Red Bull Programme - has to drive in Japanese "Super Formula?"

Now is a good time for him to sink his teeth into F1. Gives him plenty of opportunity to get up to speed ahead of next year when he'll really be expected to perform....

I've always been bitter about Daniil Kvyat getting a seat, while Vergne - who was better than Ricciardo, got pushed out of F1. ... I want Vergne back next year!
By Stephen
Yeah, I feel the same way - Kvyat's had his opportunity but not delivered. I was surprised, as were most of the media, that he retained his seat this season. Was completely gutted for Alonso - imagine what he could do in Kvyat's car! :yes:
By myownalias
Maybe Kvyat could join Maldonado in the Destruction Derby championship? ;-)
By sagi58
... What I will concede is that Vetel needs to change his mind-set. He seems to be getting caught up in too much BS which is bound to detract from the job on-track...

Was thinking the same thing... and, I'll go so far as saying Hamilton's refusal to shake hands after Qualifying yesterday is his own contribution to the BS games!!

I didn't see the qualifying. Even if it is utterly false, at least Vettel can keep up the public display.

Ask and ye shall receive...

https://youtu.be/HuhtjVSBoeM

Hamilton keeps his hands behind his back!
By andrew

Ask and ye shall receive...

https://youtu.be/HuhtjVSBoeM

Wow, he really is a petulant brat. He's standing there like his Mum just smacked his bottom and told him off. Having said that, he is British and that was a stunning example of British sportsmanship.
By sagi58
... https://youtu.be/HuhtjVSBoeM

Wow, he really is a petulant brat. He's standing there like his Mum just smacked his bottom and told him off. Having said that, he is British and that was a stunning example of British sportsmanship.

Or lack thereof?!

See our F1 related articles too!