FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Gianlu D'Alessandro‏
@Gianludale27

#AzerbaijanGP | According to Gazzetta, Ferrari might bring an upgraded engine (ICE - better combustion) to Baku

https://twitter.com/Gianludale27/status ... 5642113024
Oil burning is back and the FIA is going to try and ramp up it efforts to police the rules in Baku.

http://www.eurosport.com/formula-1/fia- ... tory.shtml

Reading between the lines it isn't hard to figure out where all that extra performance that Merc displayed in Montreal came from.
Top speeds in each sector and in the speed trap.
By gdh
What a race, way to go Lance!! Can smell the butt hurt from the LH fanboys/girls, would have been the same if Vettel had done that to LH. They both lost the race, LH's head rest would have cost him and Vettel's NASCAR moment did that for him.
A better race! I have no sympathy for Hamilton - irregardless of being the pace setter he has responsibility for those behind him. Jumping on the brake, however hard, on the exit of a corner isn't particularly clever. As for Vettel, he had the right to be frustrated but he needs to stop being so childish.
What a race, way to go Lance!! Can smell the butt hurt from the LH fanboys/girls, would have been the same if Vettel had done that to LH. They both lost the race, LH's head rest would have cost him and Vettel's NASCAR moment did that for him.

I think it was Hamiltons brake-test of Vettel and the resulting impact that caused the problem with Hamiltons head protection. His own fault really. Still not sure how he avoided a penalty on top of that, brake-testing is a cardinal sin in racing.

Excellent, excellent race by Stroll! Kept his head and drove quicker than a Williams should to get on that podium.

He now has more podiums than Nico Hulkenberg!
Missed the first half but the 2nd half was pretty good.

Deserved podiums spots for all. Pity Massa had to retire, he's long over due a return to the podium. I would love to see what Bottas could do with No. 1 status within Mercedes. McLaren and Alonso finally score points. Only 2 but those 2 must feel like a win for those guys.

And to the main talking point to the race - Eddie Jordan's hairline. Is it me or has his hair moved further forward? Either reverse baldness (**cough**implants**cough**) or his wig glue wasn't strong enough and he sneezed.

And the other thing that happened....had to laugh at the Channel 4 commentary trying to kid on Hamilton is a saint. Whilst it wasn't a brake test as such (like Hill did to Schumacher at Silverstone in 1994), it was very clear he was trying to force Vettel into incurring a penalty by either forcing an impact or an overtake.

Vettel tapping him after pulling alongside was naughty but it wasn't a hard tap and, without seeing the on-board footage from Vettel's car, it's impossible to say if contact was deliberate or accidental (accelerating and steering with one had whilst looking and gesticulating to the driver alongside probably isn't the best idea with that much ponies behind you). Surely if it was premeditated and deliberate there would have been some damage? I think it's fair to say Vettel was concentrating more on his hand signals that the direction his car was pointing.

No one seems to question why Hamilton did not accelerate out the corner in anyway, he just kept cruising at the same low speed. Granted he would not be going anywhere near racing speed but surely a bit of acceleration would be expected? It looked to me he tried the same thing on the following restart but thankfully Vettel was wise to him that time.

I had to laugh when his head rest started to escape, it probably didn't feel safe in that car! :P Vettel getting ahead and staying ahead after his excessive penalty was poetic justice. Ain't Karma a bitch eh? And what's with the nose stud thing, on a bloke? Now I was raised to accept people of all faiths, sexualities, races etc etc but even then a nose stud on a bloke would have been seen as a bit.....well.....fruity. But each to their own in these modern times.

Either way, what people forget is the pressure on these guys to win is immense, especially when they are in a car that there is really no excuse for not winning in. Red mist and all that jazz.

Probably get some Hamilton fanboy/girls rocking up spouting crap. Bring it, your tears sustain me. :wavey:
No one seems to question why Hamilton did not accelerate out the corner in anyway, he just kept cruising at the same low speed. Granted he would not be going anywhere near racing speed but surely a bit of acceleration would be expected? It looked to me he tried the same thing on the following restart but thankfully Vettel was wise to him that time.

Probably get some Hamilton fanboy/girls rocking up spouting crap. Bring it, your tears sustain me. :wavey:

Well actually it was a classic brake test as can be clearly seen. From the graphic apparently Hamilton decelerated from 90 to 49 km/h and used the brake:

And yes, "bring it, your tears sustain me", excellent attitude. Vettel's recovery using a 5 race old engine was a joy to watch and well deserved. Already at another forum that I will not mention the tears are flowing and you can actually smell the 'butthurt'!
Last edited by overboost on 26 Jun 17, 00:31, edited 1 time in total.
Bring it, your tears sustain me. :wavey:

:nono::hehe:

Sorry, couldn't resist, but it was meant in the nicest possible way. :)

Overboost, I actually saw that after I had posted so I'll stop trying to be nice about this. Wonder why no reprimand for Hamilton then? The evidence is as clear as day.

I can well imagine the rhetoric of where you are referring to if I am thinking correctly. But it's just how it goes. Some people cannot accept that their idol is human and as such makes incorrect/dishonest/downright bewildering decisions. Neither behaved in a manner befitting that of a multiple WDC but it goes with the territory.

And it turns out Vettel has been given 3 points on his license. Another 3 and he gets a race ban. At this stage, I would put money on Vettel being given another 3 points for the slightest thing.....

So, to recap, a driver brakes tests another driver, the victim of the brake test pulls along side accidently nudging the other driver whilst travelling at 32mph and gets a 10 second stop/go which cost him a race win and 3 points on his licence which could potentially cost him the WDC. Yet a driver holding onto a loose part of his car whilst going at full racing speed on a street track with no run off areas and driving one handed is deemed ok? I don't condone either's behaviour but the stewarding decisions are just totally inconsistent.
Bring it, your tears sustain me. :wavey:

:nono::hehe:

Sorry, couldn't resist, but it was meant in the nicest possible way. :)

Overboost, I actually saw that after I had posted so I'll stop trying to be nice about this. Wonder why no reprimand for Hamilton then? The evidence is as clear as day.

I can well imagine the rhetoric of where you are referring to if I am thinking correctly. But it's just how it goes. Some people cannot accept that their idol is human and as such makes incorrect/dishonest/downright bewildering decisions. Neither behaved in a manner befitting that of a multiple WDC but it goes with the territory.

And it turns out Vettel has been given 3 points on his license. Another 3 and he gets a race ban. At this stage, I would put money on Vettel being given another 3 points for the slightest thing.....

So, to recap, a driver brakes tests another driver, the victim of the brake test pulls along side accidently nudging the other driver whilst travelling at 32mph and gets a 10 second stop/go which cost him a race win and 3 points on his licence which could potentially cost him the WDC. Yet a driver holding onto a loose part of his car whilst going at full racing speed on a street track with no run off areas and driving one handed is deemed ok? I don't condone either's behaviour but the stewarding decisions are just totally inconsistent.

andrew - what a blast from the past! How have ya been?

No worries: SV will get 2 points cancelled after the next race in Austria. Another 2 after Malaysia.

See our F1 related articles too!