FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By overboost

Last edited by overboost on 12 May 17, 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
By overboost
By overboost
By overboost
Maybe Bottas will make it 11 in a row?

By overboost
Mercedes upgrades have them on top, Red Bull has closed the gap:

By overboost
The Merc upgrades have put them back on pole but Vettel managed to split the two Mercedes and is on the front row. Alonso is the star with a 'god' like lap putting the McLaren in P7, but will he get to the end of the race with the engine still in one piece?

http://www.grandprix247.com/2017/05/13/ ... -god-mode/
By PTRACER
Best race of the season so far, and better than most races last year too. Well, there we go.
By overboost
Provisional Results. Note that Wehrlein will drop a position due to the 5 second penalty.

By overboost
Best race of the season so far, and better than most races last year too. Well, there we go.

It was an ok race but I wouldn't say it was the best so far, I think that Bahrain is the best so far.

There was a battle for the win but it was due to bad driving at the start by Hamilton and then lost for Vettel due to bad strategy by Ferrari. Vettel was a sitting duck after his pit stop unfortunately.

Also it would have been more entertaining to see Verstappen, Raikkonen and Bottas in the race.
By PTRACER
Pirelli also lost Ferrari the race win then by bringing useless tyres to the Grand Prix. I thought it was a really a tense battle until Hamilton got past Vettel. It was a bit like a classic race. Actually, for a circuit that has been hated for so long, Catalunya has produced two cracking races in a row.
By rob91
This was a great race, the best of the season so far and it wouldn't surprise me if it ultimately is the best race of the season. It could not have been much better in terms of excitement, a hard fought race for victory between Hamilton and Vettel, Mercedes and Ferrari, good racing throughout the field, incidents throughout, this is F1 at it's finest. :clap:
By myownalias
After Sochi, this was an uber exciting race, not so sure about best race of the season so far though.

We had some excitement, it was a shame that we lost Max, Kimi and Valtteri, we know that Max would provide us with some fireworks.

I think it's unfair to blame Pirelli for Ferrari's loss of the race, it was the same for everyone, Ferrari went in the wrong strategic direction, Mercedes got it correct and Hamilton came out on top.

Great result for Force India, 4th and 5th is amazing, obviously helped by Bottas, Raikkonen and Verstappen retiring from the race, but ultimately Force India were in a position to take advantage, I would say that Force India are the fourth best team at the moment, Williams have been dismal, much to my annoyance being a long time Williams fan.

See our F1 related articles too!