13%
By overboost
How was the race in Putin's Land?

Bahrain was rated 7.75

China was rated 6.6

Australia was rated 5.0
There were absolutely none!
By sagi58
Ok, Ok, I get it, passing makes races that much more exciting; but, I was on the edge of my seat, just the same!!
Maybe it's because as a Ferrari fan, I was anxious to see them both on the podium? Whatever the reason, I gave
this race an 8, partially because Bottas got his first win!!

p.s. I sincerely hope him following team orders last race doesn't come back to bite him in the butt!! :eek:
I'll be generous and give the Russian Grand Prix' "4 A procession at the front", other than Bottas' first F1 win, this will not be a race remembered by anyone, zero overtaking past turn 2 on lap 1, after the pit stop shake up, everyone was back where they started (post lap 1, turn 2).
To me it was a snorefest until the very end where Vettel was homing in on Bottas.

So a two plus one for the battle at the end and a bonus point for Bottas's first win. Four in total!
Last edited by overboost on 02 May 17, 01:24, edited 1 time in total.
Other than Bottas' pass at the start were there anyother passes?

gdh, I hear a rumour that there could have been one pass (after lap 1) in the race. Wehrlien may have passed Ericsson on lap 5. I will have to check my dvr to figure this out.

edit: I had a look and it is a possibility. Wehrlien was behind Ericsson on lap 5 and was shown ahead on lap 8. So something happened but it wasn't broadcast as the cameras were following Ricciardo's demise.

edit2: Confirmation that there was an 'overtake' by Wehrlien on Ericsson however Sauber had issued a team order to move Wehrlien ahead. So not one contested position in the whole race!

"Ericsson had only won a place through the team strategy. This, of course, was not in the sense of the strategists. Because of the overtaking ban under the safety car, the old order could only be restored after the restart, which the Sauber command and then also arranged."

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/form ... 23922.html
Last edited by overboost on 06 May 17, 03:22, edited 3 times in total.
Interesting stat from Sochi:

@tgruener Bottas finished 1st the 1st time, Vettel 2nd the 22nd time & Kimi 3rd the 33rd time. AMuS crazy stats

https://twitter.com/tgruener/status/859429861848494080
It says a lot when you literally have to research a single overtake in a race, instead of just watching and remembering a good overtake.
Maybe we will get to see an overtake at the next race in Barcelona. Or maybe not.

See our F1 related articles too!