FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By darwin dali
ESPNF1:
Former F1 star Juan Pablo Montoya believes Sebastian Vettel and Fernando Alonso are the two most complete drivers on the current grid.

Montoya raced in F1 between 2001 and 2006 for Williams and McLaren, taking a total of five wins and 13 podiums during his time in the sport. Speaking to Formula One's official website, Montoya picked out Vettel and Alonso as better all-round drivers than three-time world champion Lewis Hamilton.

"Vettel is one of the most complete guys and I think Fernando [as well]," he said. "I ran with Fernando all my career and I think those are the two overall best drivers.

"Lewis does a really good job but they are in the best car. It's very easy to think the guy in the best car is the best driver, but the question is if they were not in the best car, how would they handle things? I think Fernando and Sebastian have endured that and I think they are the best."

Montoya believes it is too easy to expose the mental weaknesses of some European drivers, citing the mind games he used to play with Ralf Schumacher when they were teammates at Williams as an example.

"I learned a lot with Ralf, he was really quick but European drivers are very weak mentally. You can get in their head really easily and I think that plays in what you see today and what you see always in Formula One.

"When things go their way they are really strong -- when Lewis is winning he is unstoppable, but if something goes wrong the spiral down is huge. If the cars were close together you would see different people winning."

Montoya believes seven-time champion Michael Schumacher was an exception, however.

"I think Michael was one of the few guys that was really strong. You could get in his head but he was really strong.

"Ralf, on the other hand, was a guy that to beat him was nearly impossible, but if you could beat him on his 'A day' you could get in his head. It was tough, we all have weakness, you just have to figure which ones they are."
By sagi58
I'm going to assume (from the title) that you don't particularly like JPM...
and, by extension that you probably don't agree with him? :confused:
Nah, this goes way back in Forumula history. We had a member/mod who was very infatuated with JPM and so we pointed out that he's not perfect since he loves hamburgers and thus, his physique is showing his habit. :P
By overboost
Chubby probably has a point. It is the same thing with the euro's in Hockey.
By sagi58
...we pointed out that he's not perfect since he loves hamburgers and thus, his physique is showing his habit. :P

So mean... :whip:

(( :rofl: ))
By sagi58
Chubby probably has a point. It is the same thing with the euro's in Hockey.

I would imagine it's the same in pretty well any sport...
Well, any TEAM sport, eh? :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!