FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
ESPNF1:

Former Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn will return to Formula One in a key role with the sport's new owners.

On Monday, Liberty Media confirmed it had completed the purchase of Formula One and replaced CEO Bernie Ecclestone with its own chairman Chase Carey. In a separate announcement, Brawn was named as managing director, motor sports and former ESPN executive Sean Bratches was named as managing director, commercial operations.

Brawn's experience as one of the sport's most successful technical directors and the main architect behind Mercedes' recent domination of the sport means he is ideally suited to a role overseeing the future direction of F1.

"It's fantastic to be returning to the world of Formula One," Brawn said. "I've enjoyed consulting with Liberty Media these last few months and I'm looking forward to working with Chase, Sean and the rest of the Formula 1 Team to help the evolution of the sport. We have an almost unprecedented opportunity to work together with the teams and promoters for a better F1 for them and, most importantly, for the fans."

"I am delighted to welcome Ross back to Formula One," Carey added. "In his 40 years in the sport, he's brought his magic touch to every team with which he has worked, has almost unparalleled technical knowledge, experience and relationships, and I have already benefitted greatly from his advice and expertise."

Liberty has made no secret of its plans to promote the sport in the U.S.A. as well as increase its digital presence worldwide. Bratches is expected to draw on his experience as the executive vice president of sales and marketing at ESPN to achieve those goals.

"I'm very excited to be joining Formula One and contribute to the continued growth of this extraordinary global brand and sport," he said. "Formula One is one of few truly global tier one sports, and I am encouraged by the manifold opportunities to materially grow the business, work closely with current and future sponsors, race circuits, television rights holders as well as create next generation digital and on-site race experiences to best serve the Formula One fans."

Carey added: "I am thrilled Sean is joining Formula One. Sean was a driving force in building ESPN into one of the world's leading sports franchises. His expertise and experience in sales, marketing, digital media, and distribution will be invaluable as we grow Formula One. "I look forward to working with Ross and Sean, as well as key current executives including Duncan Llowarch, our CFO, and Sacha Woodward Hill, our General Counsel, the FIA, Bernie and Liberty as we work together to make Formula One the best it can be for the teams, promoters and fans for years to come."

:cloud9:
By gdh
Hiring Brawn is a great move fwd, now lets add more onboard fuel (20 or so kg) to minimize the lift and coast to save fuel to make it to the end.

Not sure that they can achieve 21 Super Bowls though but better mktg and more N.Am races definitely needed . Hopefully they can bring race day tic prices down and the cost to sponsor a race so that we get more races in Europe again.

https://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2017/01/ ... m-the-nfl/

See our F1 related articles too!