FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Roth
Agreed, one would have to be less than half of the normal reasoning capability of a primate to disagree with Coulthards take

"The mental strength from Lewis to come back and take the win was unbelievable. In the end two mistakes from Nico have cost him. He put on a brave face but when he goes home and reflects on this he will know he has been well beaten."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29102305

I never said it was a blanket weakness. I went at great lengths to explain that, and you went to equal lengths ignoring it.
Didnt Rosberg technically pass Hamilton a couple of times in Bahrain, only for Hamilton to re-pass at the following corner?

Oh, and Rosberg also passed Hamilton at Spa :P:rofl:

Not technically, literarily but not technically - according to the FIA giving back a place I.e. Reverse overtaking should be for longer and should be more conclusive

Witness Lewis forcing the definition ironically enough at Spa in 2008 with Kimi, therefore an instant (within a couple of corners) repass is not counted as a legitimate 'overtake'

Good try though

Apologies, you are correct. I suppose some of those moves Hamilton didnt fight in order to get the run into the following corner(s)
Nice article. Interesting that more of the pitlane are now convinced Monacco was deliberate. Lewis now has the moral high ground, the greater speed and the better race craft. In Rosberg's corner are 22 extra points.
Nice article. Interesting that more of the pitlane are now convinced Monacco was deliberate. Lewis now has the moral high ground, the greater speed and the better race craft. In Rosberg's corner are 22 extra points.

There's a grey area for both: Reliability. The only thing which could help Rosberg secure what he wants....and what's gotten him this far.

There's a grey area for both: Reliability. The only thing which could help Rosberg secure what he wants....and what's gotten him this far.

Yes the big R, especially in that last race.

The next driver to get a DNF will lose the championship.
On a slightly different note, and inspired by the radio transmitting thread, I had this thought. Nico studies Lewis data intensely and tries to copy what Lewis does on the track. Lewis brakes insanely late. It was noted in that article that he was 15km an hour faster than Nico through the Lesmo's . What if Nico looked at Lewis' braking point and thought , ' right, if he can do it from there, it's doable , I'll do it" then when he got there he shat himself and bottled out. Twice.
Which sector of the track was that chicane that Nico went through?
Which wasn't Lewis fastest sector, he was fastest In The second and third sectors. I still wonder though if he was trying to brake where Lewis brakes at that chicane. It's a theory anyway.
I said earlier on this thread that the closer we got to the end the more Nico will start to chicken out of things and think about keeping his ill gotten points gap. The chicane was a classic example, he is under pressure to drive fast as Lewis is behind him but when presented with a choice of waste his tyres and/or miss the corner risking 18 points by braking as late as Lewis or giving up 7 points only - he will take the second option each time. Because he knows and we know that baring Lewis dnf he doesnt have a chance of rcovering from any set back during a race with lewis on it

So squeaky bottom time, and Nico might win Jabbs pants without even crashing :hehe:
Not sure. I'm thinking the pressure got to him a little bit or he just hasn't been 100% with slowing down into a chicane after a long straight as we've seen the same mistakes in canada and spa. Either way, the dude needs to listen to some death metal and get his chops up cuz he's gonna need it
Because of the high speed and braking, Nico's issue was that he was starting to have problems with the rears so they switched the balance forward and it led to the issue. It's a brutal track on brakes going from 200 Mph down to 60 Mph in the span of 100 meters or so. Not dissimilar to the slight lockup that Lewis had late in the race, but Lewis obviously handled it better and it's a bit more justified at the end of the tire's life rather than when the tires were still very fresh as so aptly demonstrated by Nico. :hehe:

The next driver to get a DNF will lose the championship.

It's almost like russian roulette now, the Merc is definitely NOT a reliable machine.
Because of the high speed and braking, Nico's issue was that he was starting to have problems with the rears so they switched the balance forward and it led to the issue. It's a brutal track on brakes going from 200 Mph down to 60 Mph in the span of 100 meters or so. Not dissimilar to the slight lockup that Lewis had late in the race, but Lewis obviously handled it better and it's a bit more justified at the end of the tire's life rather than when the tires were still very fresh as so aptly demonstrated by Nico. :hehe:

No one can match Lewis at Monza, he is the late braking king of the bunch. It will be a pity to see the bigger wheels next year if they allow bigger brakes.
Unfortunately I am now starting to get the same feeling each race that was all too familiar to followers of the team Paddy came over from - lack of attention to the details, maybe caused by an inability to dominate the staff and put the fear of God into them if they make mistakes,

For a lot of these highly paid engineers etc, who probably hanker after their own individual glory and recognition and have big egos, pointing to the details of the job contract is not gonna be the same as the fear of having Ross Brawn turn up on your doorstep at 4 am because you let him down

Definetely this feeling of 'how can such a big organisation continually botch up the small details?' familiar from Mclaren has come back like an obsessive ex gf who went to Nepal but has now returned on a mission

probably paddy lets the engineers run wild and maybe evn go to Nico hosted steak dinners :yikes:

See our F1 related articles too!