FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I dunno bbc gossip section usualyl has people in the know informing them.....

Its all potential anyway, big question is, who becomes Hamiltons teammate, please god let it be Kobayashi!
By bud
I think Jenson likes to not commit for too long, using McLarens 2012 option on him then be free for 2013. If he does go to Ferrari he will have no second driver nonsense so not sure it will happen. But him leaving McLaren would open the door for Paul Di Resta if Mercedes haven't snapped him up.
I don't see Button going to Ferrari; especially given the Maranello based team's liking for clear #1 and #2 drivers, or is Jenson chasing the money in the twilight of his career? or maybe this is a rumour that Jenson put out there to get a better deal from McLaren to be equal (in money terms) as Lewis as he has proved his worth this season!
I think Jenson likes to not commit for too long, using McLarens 2012 option on him then be free for 2013. If he does go to Ferrari he will have no second driver nonsense so not sure it will happen. But him leaving McLaren would open the door for Paul Di Resta if Mercedes haven't snapped him up.

You dont think Rosberg might go to McLaren if Button left?
And i read somewhere that Alonso has said he'd like Button as a partner :yikes:
By andrew
Rosberg at McLaren eh? As long as he gets equal equipment I'll look forward to that. Rosberg is vastly under-rated. That would make a gap at Merc for Paul di Resta. However, I can't see there being any truth behind Button going to Ferrari. Ferrari like a clear 1-2 structure and Alonso would have No. 1 status there and after Button's comments on getting equal treatment, either that or the rumours are true and he's following the money.
Of course there'd be equal equipment.What would be the point in giving one driver substandard equipment? Also rosberg and hamilton get on well. They were both on the McLaren drivers programme at one time (I think Im right there). But they didnt keep Rosberg on. They're still mates.
By bud
Of course there'd be equal equipment.What would be the point in giving one driver substandard equipment? Also rosberg and hamilton get on well. They were both on the McLaren drivers programme at one time (I think Im right there). But they didnt keep Rosberg on. They're still mates.

They were team mates in their karting days on the McLaren programme. I'd like Rosberg or Di Resta at McLaren.
By andrew

Rosberg drove in his old man's team during his F3 days and drove for ART in GP2 but before that I don't know.

As for equal treatment at McLaren, see comments made by Heikki Kovalainen albeit this was during Ron Dennis's time in charge so perhaps things might be different under Whitmarsh. That remains to be seen once they are down to one former champion at McLaren.
By scotty
Rosberg was McLaren's number one choice for 2008 was he not?

I'd like to see McLaren re-sign Raikkonen should Button leave, he's still one of the best drivers in the world.

Or if you want a more leftfield suggestion what about the guy in my avatar...
By bud

Rosberg drove in his old man's team during his F3 days and drove for ART in GP2 but before that I don't know.

As for equal treatment at McLaren, see comments made by Heikki Kovalainen albeit this was during Ron Dennis's time in charge so perhaps things might be different under Whitmarsh. That remains to be seen once they are down to one former champion at McLaren.

Hey a Vettel fan preaching equality? :hehe: I can assure you Rosbergs wing won't be taken to be put on Lewis' car. :wink:

And before his F3 days he was on McLarens books.
Rosberg was McLaren's number one choice for 2008 was he not?

I'd like to see McLaren re-sign Raikkonen should Button leave, he's still one of the best drivers in the world.

Or if you want a more leftfield suggestion what about the guy in my avatar...

I thought Vettel was their number 1 choice for 08? Rosberg was up there though!

And Scotty you just turned me on with your left field suggestion :whip:
By andrew

Hey a Vettel fan preaching equality? :hehe: I can assure you Rosbergs wing won't be taken to be put on Lewis' car. :wink:

Hey, I'm against team orders as much as the next person but it turned out all right though. Vettel won the championship.
Yes Scotty! lurve your choice for the other McLaren driver. That would be magic!
Hey! If jenson is flirting with Ferrari, doesnt that make him exactly the same as lewis for having a cuppa in the red bull caravan?? Did someone not lambast lewis for doing that??? :hehe: Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Personally I dont have a problem with either driver getting the best drive they can, as Ive said before....its business. But hypocricy rears its ugly head again. (But I want lewis to stay at Mclaren :pray: )
By andrew
Hey! If jenson is flirting with Ferrari, doesnt that make him exactly the same as lewis for having a cuppa in the red bull caravan?? Did someone not lambast lewis for doing that??? :hehe: Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Personally I dont have a problem with either driver getting the best drive they can, as Ive said before....its business. But hypocricy rears its ugly head again. (But I want lewis to stay at Mclaren :pray: )

I don't think Button has been anywhere near the Ferrari motorhome. This seems to have come from a rumour in a Brazilian paper.

I don't think Button has been anywhere near the Ferrari motorhome. This seems to have come from a rumour in a Brazilian paper.

Maybe he's a little more subtle..comes with experience :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!