FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I want Senna and Petrov at Renault. Kubica can be reserve driver while he gets better.

He very nearly is better. There is word of him having a go in a simulator pretty soon and getting into a car not long after that I think.

Kubica deserves better than Renault.
By andrew
The Hamilton-to-Red Bull rumour is growing fungi, it's that old... :rolleyes:

...not to mention foosty!

http://ih3.redbubble.net/work.298502.8. ... ,070,f.jpg

To grow mushrooms, you need foost!

I'll never forget the first building survey I did by myself. I have never seen so many mushrooms growing out of a carpet on a concrete floor before or since! Plaster, stonework, timber but never carpet when inside! :hehe:

EDIT - I've just seen Fraffy lurking in the names at the bottom of the screen. You're amoung friends here, come and join in. Don't make me start a bring back Fraffy campaign now. :wink:
I really don't get the thread title.. :-?

You seem to have been ignored. Are you new to F1? "Silly season" refers to the time when teams and drivers start making moves for the next season.
By Crawf
It won't happen ever. Hamilton will live out his career at McLaren. Ricciardo and Algersuari are destined for Red Bull once Webber retires and Vettel eventually moves to Merc (if they are still around) or Ferrari.

Fixed
By andrew
Fixed

Best not to alter other people's comments. :nono: I've seen it cause serious problems on another forum, but this is the first time I have seen such underhand tactics used on here.
By Crawf
Fixed

Best not to alter other people's comments. :nono: I've seen it cause serious problems on another forum, but this is the first time I have seen such underhand tactics used on here.

I'm bolded the bit and made it obvious what was changed...........never caused any problems in the past for me. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
-----
But Algersuari just seems to be getting the better of Buemi now. I can see Algersuari one day at a top team.....but I cant for Buemi
Its going to be hard to pick from either Buemi or Algey. You probably have to say Algey is looking good on recent form but Buemi hasn't really done that bad either. If I were Ricciardo, I would be hoping that one of the current STR drivers is going into a massive form slump and the other to whoop his A### otherwise Daniel could have a slight possible of still driving a Hispania in 2012.
It won't happen ever. Hamilton will live out his career at McLaren. Ricciardo and Buemi are destined for Red Bull once Webber retires and Vettel eventually moves to Merc (if they are still around) or Ferrari.

Ricciardo maybe...cant see either Buemi or Algersuari as being anything other than mid-field fodder.

Also I know thats how its all planned now....but I can still see a time next year when if the RBR is again dominating that there are moves again to get LH into the car. The temptation to get two of the best drivers into the one team maybe a recognised disaster to Christian Horner but then again he is not paying the bills. Plus I can just see Bernie twisting the right arms if it looks like the series is becoming too predictable because even without team orders I dont see any of the drivers you mention ever challenging an established Vettel.
It won't happen ever. Hamilton will live out his career at McLaren. Ricciardo and Buemi are destined for Red Bull once Webber retires and Vettel eventually moves to Merc (if they are still around) or Ferrari.

Ricciardo maybe...cant see either Buemi or Algersuari as being anything other than mid-field fodder.

Also I know thats how its all planned now....but I can still see a time next year when if the RBR is again dominating that there are moves again to get LH into the car. The temptation to get two of the best drivers into the one team maybe a recognised disaster to Christian Horner but then again he is not paying the bills. Plus I can just see Bernie twisting the right arms if it looks like the series is becoming too predictable because even without team orders I dont see any of the drivers you mention ever challenging an established Vettel.

It wont be up to Mr. Horner, it will be up to Mr. Red Bull. And he's driven by marketing, and lewis is very marketable. It would be very interesting to see them together but I think I'd rather he stayed at McLaren.
By andrew

It wont be up to Mr. Horner, it will be up to Mr. Red Bull. And he's driven by marketing, and lewis is very marketable. It would be very interesting to see them together but I think I'd rather he stayed at McLaren.

Hamilton is not on Red Bull's radar if reports about Ricciardo, Buemi and Algersuari are accurate. I think it would be up to Horner given that he is the team principle of the F1 team, it's his job!

As far as Hamilton being marketable I'd question that now as he has been attracting attention of late for the wrong reasons - not for doing something well, but for making mistakes. It's human nature that the mistakes stand out more than the achievements (much like if you go into a shop that you go into nearly every day and on one particular visit you get really poor service, you remember that one visit where the service was poor and forget about the numerous time when the service was good). Vettel is set to become the youngest double champion and has pretty much dominated this season. You can't get much more marketable that that in F1 unless someone like Schumacher were to join red Bull.

The only team that Hamilton has ever mentioned in interviews about wanting to join is Ferrari but I honestly can't see that happening, at least not whilst Alonso is there (no need for a who scared who in 2007 story here, no one really cares anymore :hehe: ). Ferrari supposedly have their eye on Vettel (but so do Merc if they stick around long enough), along with numerous drivers in their young driver program and possibly Perez in the long term. Can't see there being a space for at Ferrari as I think they are going to be using Sauber as a B-team. I'm pretty confident in saying that Hamilton will be at McLaren for as long as he is in F1. If he isn't I'll eat my hat!

All idle speculation of course, trying to piece together various reports that have been doing to rounds for a while so I could be wrong but I've got as much chance of being right as anyone else on here so what the heck?! :D

Hamilton is not on Red Bull's radar if reports about Ricciardo, Buemi and Algersuari are accurate. I think it would be up to Horner given that he is the team principle of the F1 team, it's his job!

As far as Hamilton being marketable I'd question that now as he has been attracting attention of late for the wrong reasons - not for doing something well, but for making mistakes. It's human nature that the mistakes stand out more than the achievements (much like if you go into a shop that you go into nearly every day and on one particular visit you get really poor service, you remember that one visit where the service was poor and forget about the numerous time when the service was good). Vettel is set to become the youngest double champion and has pretty much dominated this season. You can't get much more marketable that that in F1 unless someone like Schumacher were to join red Bull.

The only team that Hamilton has ever mentioned in interviews about wanting to join is Ferrari but I honestly can't see that happening, at least not whilst Alonso is there (no need for a who scared who in 2007 story here, no one really cares anymore :hehe: ). Ferrari supposedly have their eye on Vettel (but so do Merc if they stick around long enough), along with numerous drivers in their young driver program and possibly Perez in the long term. Can't see there being a space for at Ferrari as I think they are going to be using Sauber as a B-team. I'm pretty confident in saying that Hamilton will be at McLaren for as long as he is in F1. If he isn't I'll eat my hat!

All idle speculation of course, trying to piece together various reports that have been doing to rounds for a while so I could be wrong but I've got as much chance of being right as anyone else on here so what the heck?! :D

Pretty sure that Lewis will remain at McLaren.

Pretty sure RBR will NOT take on Schumacher :hehe:

Pretty sure Lewis will NOT want to be at Ferrari with Alonso signing a century-long contract. Lewis likes to be allowed to RACE with his team-mate you see.
By andrew

No need to stiffle my hopes! :irked:

Pretty sure Lewis will NOT want to be at Ferrari with Alonso signing a century-long contract. Lewis likes to be allowed to RACE with his team-mate you see.

Ferrari don't understand the concept of a 2 car team.

Aww, apologies my friend. I won't do it again. :headpat:
By andrew

That smiley always looks a bit dodgy or is it just my mind making it look dodgy?

That smiley always looks a bit dodgy or is it just my mind making it look dodgy?

Your mind.... it must be...... surely....................... :twisted:

See our F1 related articles too!