About FORUMula1.com
F1 and Motorsport Forums
F1 and Motorsport Forums
Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. 
Smokestoomuch wrote:Is this a guess or is it based on something, because I was watching F1 in the late 80s (All praise to the the Greeat Senna) and as far as I can remeber it was 10-6-5 etc then - in fact I can't remeber it being anything else before that until the anti-Ferrari change already mentioned - although I wouldn't rule out a memory lapse.In the nineteen fifties the points system ran 8, 6, 4, 3, 2 with fastest lap 1pt. During 1960 1pt was awarded for sixth, and no fastest lap was recognised. A year later this was changed where the winner took 9pts. In 1991, 10pts was awarded for a win. It was 2003 when the pts system was changed to reward the first eight finishers, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
In the nineteen fifties the points system ran 8, 6, 4, 3, 2 with fastest lap 1pt. During 1960 1pt was awarded for sixth, and no fastest lap was recognised. A year later this was changed where the winner took 9pts. In 1991, 10pts was awarded for a win. It was 2003 when the pts system was changed to reward the first eight finishers, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.So the original system also featured a 2 point gap from 1st to 2nd. Interesting how that gap increased to 4 points later on. Personally, i still believe race wins should be better rewarded, i mean that's what it's supposed to be about, winning races.
McLaren Racing opened its new state-of-the-art Rac[…]
Madring was a pretty dull race. I wouldn't mi[…]
Not sure yet, but it looks that way - Kimi is on[…]
Swap-in out addons, use only what you really need!