FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
Ok, first story - Raikkonen defends himself against over-eager photographer. Now, a day later, we have a new story where the photographer defends himself. No surprise that the two camps disagree with each other, but given most of us have watched the footage from MTV3.fi, who is at fault? And should the press have their access reigned in?

My view is that the photographer was 'in his face' and, from looking at the video, the Ferrari team member alongside Raikkonen looks to be shouting at the photographer, who does appear to be stood on Kimi's things. :thumbdown:
I don't condone what he did, but I'm on Kimi's side. The photographer shouldn't have been so in his face, nor should he have stood on his stuff. Kimi didn't look like he pushed the photographer that hard either - it looks like he just pushed him off-balance and he fell backwards over Kimi's stuff.
It is amazing how famous people get attention for so little things. If one of us from this forum had done a similar thing, no one would care. But because it was Kimi they are making a big deal out of it. Now imagine had local *caugh*, *caugh* hero Lewis Hamilton did the same thing? The tabloids would of probably condomed him by now.
It is amazing how famous people get attention for so little things. If one of us from this forum had done a similar thing, no one would care. But because it was Kimi they are making a big deal out of it. Now imagine had local *caugh*, *caugh* hero Lewis Hamilton did the same thing? The tabloids would of probably condomed him by now.

I think you mean 'condemned' - at least I hope you do! :scratchchin:

On the contrary, I think had Lewis done the same thing the backlash would have been far far worse and the tabloids would have had a field day.

IMO I don't think it looked like the photographer was stood on Kimis things. When he fell over Kimi's stuff was to the right of him and Kimi seemed to have to lean quite far over in order to be able to reach him. I also think Kimi was completely wrong to lash out. If he didn't like the Media attention he could have just turned his back........problem solved. If this had been say a footballer for instance he would immediately be jumped on and portrayed as a thug
The tabloids would of probably condomed him by now.

I don't think it's quite possible to fit a human being in a condom yet.

:D

you obviously havent seen the naked gun yet! :hehe:
Cahier got what he deserved. If he wanted to take a picture, fair enough, but there are ways of doing it. Poking the lens into somebody's face with a flash and trampling on their racing gear is completely unprofessional.

I think you mean 'condemned' - at least I hope you do! :scratchchin:

Yes it is what I meant. Sorry. :)

:rofl::rofl:

Why not I'll just laugh this up as well.
:jump:
I actually believe F1 drivers to be quite tolerant of the press - take footballers, would they permit such an invasion of privacy? I think you'd see the photographer scalped if he had tried the same with Rooney! :eek:

See our F1 related articles too!