FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Hammer278
Anyone on it?

I just downloaded it a couple days back, found it by accident online and it's some ADDICTIVE SH!T. The realism is amazing, graphics are just so-so but the driving simulation....WOW!

It's designed for multiplayer, if any of you are already on it I was thinking we could boot up and go racing some day. :thumbup:
By 1Lemon
Never heard of it until now, I'll give it a try tonight; have you tried Assetto Corsa? As realism goes there is simply nothing that compares, the tyre physics models are supposed to be the most accurate and advanced in the world.

I've been wanting to get IRacing, but I am fundamentally against subscription based fees in gaming; I think they are just wrong, plus it's like £30 a year for not even all the cars/tracks.
By Hammer278
Nope, not heard of it. I'm sticking to this live for speed thing for now....let me know what you think of it and if that one is still better. :)
By 1Lemon
Nope, not heard of it. I'm sticking to this live for speed thing for now....let me know what you think of it and if that one is still better. :)

You need to see some videos of Assetto Corrsa, it looks incredible and feels so real too; but no multiplayer yet, and I've been looking for a good online racing game for a while, this may just be the ticket.
By Hammer278
I only play with AI to pass the time in racing games, it's just not as much fun. They always have bugs of some sort, either not competitive enough, or crashing you out (screw fair play), or something. It's understandable since there is a limit to coding but I'd much rather race with other humans rather than computers.

With Gran Turismo, NFS, and F1 games the AI were just not competitive or too competitive (physically impossible) at some tracks.Especially F1.

With Live For Speed at Pro level, the AI is pretty much at your level but if you go wheel to wheel racing with them, prepare to be nudged/crashed out.

Am I watching the right one?

[youtube]87lH6n1uEs8[/youtube]

The graphics remind me of EA's F1 2002. Not bad, but it's not outstanding either, as for the game play....hmmm I can't judge from watching this.

Check out this vid. Skip to 5:00 point. Bear with the guy, he fools around a lot but you get to see some of the driving sim this game offers.

[youtube]kVdCdv_nYOA[/youtube]
By 1Lemon
So I played LFS last night. I've found the online to be a bit irritating in how it works, it's incredibly clunky. Plus I don't feel the cars are that realistic to drive, they all feel a little bit floaty. But that's just me.

Yeah that's an earlier version of AC, it's still in early-access stage at the moment.
By Hammer278
Floaty....maybe because you're driving one of those slow clunks in standard setup, you gotta adjust the suspensions. The floaty feeling is realistic on cars which aren't actually racing cars. :hehe:

As you get better cars that floaty feeling goes away.
By Denthúl
I've been playing LFS for years and the Formula V8 has consistently been my favourite car in the game. I quite enjoy lapping Aston in that thing. :)

Assetto Corsa is also a really good game, with a nice little selection of cars that are fun to drive (right down to the Abarth 500 SS!) and some decent tracks. Considering it's still an unfinished game, Kunos Simulazioni are doing a great job. I just wish I could get on with the Ferraris. :P
By 1Lemon
Is there any way to make the clutch automatic? I only have two pedals on my wheel so using a button as a clutch is just horrible.
By Jabberwocky
It has been a long time since I used a wheel with the game (I used to have a G25)

See our F1 related articles too!