FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
I really hated the Codemasters version, the one right after EA. The gameplay was just terrible...I'd have to test this one out before buying it.
By 1Lemon
The classics mode looks good, wonder how that'll work on multiplayer.
I really hated the Codemasters version, the one right after EA. The gameplay was just terrible...I'd have to test this one out before buying it.

I suggest 2012 or 2011 since both games are in a way, the same.

I suggest 2012 or 2011 since both games are in a way, the same.

I found 2011 to be a lot worse in terms of handling, to be honest.

I don't know if I'm going to buy this year's game, as the only thing I'd be getting it for is the classic content. What I would like to see from Codemasters is a departure from the standard seasonal sports game model, where you buy one game a year to get updated teams, players/drivers/whatever, venues and so on, instead moving to more of a rolling release model. The one I'd like to see is where players buy the core game, then add content to it as each season passes. This (in theory, at least) has the advantage of maintaining a stable platform to build on top of, but also means that players with older content won't suddenly be forgotten about as the company starts working on the next year's stuff and left with tons of unpatched bugs, as the game engine itself will still be completely relevent in the next edition. Of course, eventually there will come a time when this needs to be re-written for next-generation systems, but I think it would provide a far better solution over the lifetime of a generation of consoles, since that is what it would likely be dictated by.
So my mother was getting the game from Tesco (Classic Edition) for her Xbox, I might be getting it for my birthday, couldn't give a s*** about my birthday anyways, and apparently they didn't have it in. So my mother asked some guy where the classic edition was and this is what pisses me off about Tescos, they are cheap liars, they pointed out the standard game was the classic edition...Why do supermarkets think we're dumbasses? My mother wasn't sure until I told her it wasn't when she got back home, so she's going to get a refund, I said she could buy the DLC online, I have no idea how much it is though online, I haven't checked...But man, cheap move by Tescos...The guy should be fired
By 1Lemon
Did anyone else get it for the PC today? Looking forward to giving it a go tonight.
I pre-purchased it with the DLC. To be honest, I'm certainly not excited about it, but I guess we'll see what happens (assuming I actually play it this evening).
So, uh. I'm not sure yet. The YDT is pretty much identical to last year's game (engineer's lines, the tests and objectives), which is as far as I've gone with 2013 cars, but the classic cars are fun to drive. That '86 Lotus is all over the place. :D
By 1Lemon
I'm really enjoying it, Denthul do you have it on PC? If so add me and we can go to rammer centreal aka online :hehe:
Well, my wheel started playing up after about an hour of playing on my second go and seems to like snapping about all over the place, before eventually just locking itself at 90 degrees left. This is mildly frustrating. :(

Before that happened, I did rack up a fair number of laps around Imola in the Ferrari F399. Good fun to drive, although the grip levels seem way better than the modern cars, which I'm not quite sure is correct... :hehe:
By 1Lemon
Yeah I find the handling nicer in the classics. My first online race (as of now only) was 5 players and the rest legendry AI around Canada in 90s cars and no assists allowed. I qualified 9th because I didn't realise it was manual gears for the first 2 corners and wondered why I was stuck in 5th... In the race I was 7 seconds ahead of third place by lap 4 but I accidently drove over the pit Lane line exiting the pits which gave me a drive through and an epic battle with someone for second place where he beat me be 0.08 seconds.

I'm enjoying the game so far though.

See our F1 related articles too!