FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By 1Lemon
With some fancy word-merging like that, how could I not go ahead with this plan?

I've recently come accross a funky Java API called Vaadin https://vaadin.com/home, you can see a rather neat demo on their site.

Anyway this uses Java GWT to generate some really neat CSS/Javascript/HTML to make some really REALLY nice web based UIs and applications; I wanted to utilise this, then I stumbled across an F1 API. Basically this API is a database containing a billion (see exaggeration) facts and figures about each race/season/driver between now and 1950.

Therefore I was thinking of creating a webpage that pools this DB, and finds facts and figures from pervious races, meaning that on this forum no one will ever be factually incorrect again :thumbup: . What I need from you guys are some ideas, in how you want this laid out and what you want to be able to query. Some examples of things I can pool from this API are:

Code: Select all
Season List
Race Schedule
Race Results
Qualifying Results
Standings
Driver Information
Constructor Information
Circuit Information
Finishing Status
Lap Times
Pit Stops

If any of you are techno savvy and are willing to give me a helping hand/ know any Java/XML or are particularly good with web servers/servlet containers it would be greatly appreciated.

Just thought I'd get your opinions on this.
By 1Lemon
That is indeed the API I was looking at using.

See our F1 related articles too!