FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
:rofl: well. I wanted a little baby computer, like a big one but little. And Santa bought me a chrome book. I wanted the little computer to do things that aren't so good to do on my iPad, like write and save things. But the thing is the chrome book doesn't use windows so it's yet another way of getting round things and I don't think it's that intuitive.
It takes me ages to figure out where some things are.
I thought it would be good for putting photos on and sending them to photobucket, but it hides them. If you upload from camera into a chosen file, it's hard to do and you can't catalogue them very well. If you upload them through the chrome book photo apples easy and they file them beautifully but don't tell you where they actually are( you just see the nice files but the photos are actually hiding elsewhere, so you can't go from an external site and select them because you don't know where to look and the photo app isn't an option.
The other thing is you are supposed to be able to work on it online and offline. I tried that and again the files get muddled up. I can't remember exactly what happenned, it was something to do with ...when you were in offline mode you couldn't see all the files and it didn't join easily with the online mode. There were lots off people asking about it when I googled it. It was a rigmarole, so offline mode I just don't use .
There's other things. I guess I should invest more time in learning but I tend to just go to the iPad for everything and only use the chrome book if there's some issue( like a YouTube won't play). I don't want to learn it, I just want it to work.
A good thing is it saves my contacts and shares with my phone. And it feels nice.
The mouse pad is a bit weird to. With mice pads I usually have both fingers on,muse therightfinger for getting the curser where I want it and the left one to click. If I do that with the chrome book, the curser jumps around and I find myself typing in the wrong place. I have to take the left finger right of, get the cursor in place then put it back on. I'm getting used to it . There's probably a setting somewhere.
Does all that sound like rubbish? A normal person could probably work a chrome book no problem.

See our F1 related articles too!