FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By sagi58
We have an Escape (2012); but, I'm short and need a step stool to get into it!! :blush:
Besides, like you, I prefer to drive the vehicle, rather than have it dictate my style!

Sounds like a test drive is in order (after the insurance quotes come in)!!
We have an Escape (2012); but, I'm short and need a step stool to get into it!! :blush:
Besides, like you, I prefer to drive the vehicle, rather than have it dictate my style!

By sagi58

Hybrid? :yikes:

Yeah, smurf-sized :hehe:
By sagi58

I'm not that short!! :whip:
Or that blue!! :hehe:

I'm not that short!! :whip:
Or that blue!! :hehe:

Or that blonde?

If you decide to get a Fusion, get the 2012 model; it's the last of the V6 models; the new top of the range, the Titanium runs a 2.0L Turbo which lacks the power delivery of the old V6 which I have in my Fusion. Not to say the 2014/15 models are slow; just not for me; not enough low revs power.

Insurance on my 2012 Fusion SEL V6 AWD runs at about $80 per month full coverage (because the car loan requires it) for the wife and I.
By sagi58
$80/month?? Did you say $80/month??
The insurance on the Fit is $210 (plus tax)/month!!

((p.s. does full coverage includes $1million liability, collision, etc...??))

LOL - I pay $30 a month with GEICO at legal max. Granted it's an old car (2000), but it's been that low for 10 years or so.

Liability is $25k per person; $10k for property damage, $500 deductible for both collision and comprehensive, actual cost of premium for the Fusion is $82.33, total premium for the Ford and Saturn is $125.82 each month; the Saturn has liability only as it's not under a lien. $210 for a Honda Fit... damn that expensive!!!!
By sagi58

Liability is $25k per person; $10k for property damage, $500 deductible for both collision and comprehensive, actual cost of premium for the Fusion is $82.33, total premium for the Ford and Saturn is $125.82 each month; the Saturn has liability only as it's not under a lien. $210 for a Honda Fit... damn that expensive!!!!

The $1 million is total liability, which I believe includes property damage.
The collision covers the cost of repairs to your own vehicle, since we have
a ""no fault"" policy, here in Ontario.
Oh, did I tell you that the deductible is $1000??

Expensive? Yup... And, that's a "standard" policy!!
Looks like you have it tougher north of the border, I thought that we were getting screwed down here in the US; I think you should write a letter to the Queen... ;)
By sagi58
Looks like you have it tougher north of the border, I thought that we were getting screwed down here in the US; I think you should write a letter to the Queen... ;)

Sure... and I'll attach my monthly payment made out to her, eh?

And, you're right, the grass just seems greener on this side!! :thumbup:
By robyred
Peugeot 308! Never satisfied by my car, but I can say this everytime that I've buy a car. Everytime I've buy it, 1 week later was born the new version!!

See our F1 related articles too!