FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Just googled these specifications:

The 2012 Ford Fusion is 191" long, 72" wide and 57" tall...
The 2015 Honda Fit is: 160" long, 67" wide and 60" tall...

Yours is longer, wider; but, not as tall!!
I guess you can fit 4 Fits in your living room!!
If you stack them, more Fits would fit!!

((pun intended!! :hehe: ))

I find it ironic that your car is called a FIT when it has a auto box and driving cars is not known to keep their owners FIT! :hehe:
I am amazed that you let sagi get away with calling you short and fat lol

I have a fleet of cars I seem to be driving at the moment.

Honda Civic 2.0 Type S
Citroën Belingo Multispace
Ford Galaxy
Mercedes Vito
Mercedes E class
Ford Transit

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I find it ironic that your car is called a FIT when it has a auto box and driving cars is not known to keep their owners FIT! :hehe:

It's called the FIT because it FITS your lifestyle!! Everything you need for fun, for work, FITS!!
All sorts of storage space, all sorts of configurations of that storage space!! Plus, it FITS into
just about any parking space available!! I actually parked it perpendicular to two monstrous
vehicles in a private parking lot... It also FITS nicely between cars when you're passing them!!
:P
Just been looking for a new (new to me at least) car, saw another astra at a local dealer and everything looked ideal until i noticed it was auto :(

It's not so bad, you just have to accept that your life is over, then it's easy to slip into a nice comfortable automatic. :P

I am amazed that you let sagi get away with calling you short and fat lol

:gonnagetit:
Just been looking for a new (new to me at least) car, saw another astra at a local dealer and everything looked ideal until i noticed it was auto :(

It's not so bad, you just have to accept that your life is over, then it's easy to slip into a nice comfortable automatic. :P

Right, get me my baffies n cocoa.

How do you engine brake going downhill in an auto?

You don't... you have to use the brakes, the thing with full autos is that when going downhill, it will keep accelerating under momentum (albeit at a lesser rate) even if you lift off the gas pedal, at least from the cars I have driven here in the US, which admittedly is in single figures, I think maybe 8 or 9 different cars.

You don't... you have to use the brakes, the thing with full autos is that when going downhill, it will keep accelerating under momentum (albeit at a lesser rate) even if you lift off the gas pedal, at least from the cars I have driven here in the US, which admittedly is in single figures, I think maybe 8 or 9 different cars.

Right. Not only downhill, but on level roads as well: there's always a small amount of acceleration going on with automatics, even when off the gas pedal. You can test this at a red light on a hill. If the incline of the road is just at the sweet spot, you don't need to step on the brake anymore to prevent the car from rolling backwards (or moving forward if the incline is too shallow).

Right. Not only downhill, but on level roads as well: there's always a small amount of acceleration going on with automatics, even when off the gas pedal. You can test this at a red light on a hill. If the incline of the road is just at the sweet spot, you don't need to step on the brake anymore to prevent the car from rolling backwards (or moving forward if the incline is too shallow).

Yes, which freaked me out when I got in a car for the first time in the US. I had never driven an automatic previously, I put it into reverse, lifted off the brake and it started rolling backwards despite being a slight incline. Although, when traveling at more than 10mph, if you lift off on level ground, the car will slow to about 10mph eventually, the time it takes will depend on how fast you were going when lifting off, the car will engine brake (change down) as the speed drops. At least that is my experience of driving autos.

See our F1 related articles too!