FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By What's Burning?
Steve McQueen's Porsche 917 is up for sale just bring a spare twenty million or more to the auction in Auguest if you're interested.
By What's Burning?
It's a promo shoot but it was shot in 4K and some of the sounds in and out of the cabin are ungodly. Worth a watch.
[youtube]RzfThRiU_Bs[/youtube]
By What's Burning?
Well before "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee," Jerry Seinfeld was known in automotive circles as a consummate car collector, especially for classic Porsches, and his garages include the first 911 built. And as any car collector knows, the value of owning such vehicles isn't just in looking at them, but driving them as they were meant to be.

Which is all great, right until someone uses your rare Porsche 911 as a slow-motion crash tester.

According to the New York Post, Seinfeld was out in his 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR — a racing model of which only 49 were built — last weekend in the Hamptons when a woman in a white BMW began backing into it:

“We could hear the sound of metal crunching — rare, classic, expensive, vintage metal, by the way — from across the street. A sickening sound to a car person,’’ Seinfeld said.

“And even though I’m sure I deserved this, because of who I am and that I have this amazing car, I was furious. I ran across the street, out of my mind, and yelled at her, ‘You just crashed into my car!’

In Seinfeld's telling, the woman seemed oblivious, and while she offered to trade information he let her go because "the idea of having her in my life for one more second was intolerable." This may be a bit of an over-correction; while even Seinfeld will find vintage Porsche repair parts pricey, it's not like he doesn't have a few other cars to drive.

Serenity now, Jerry. Serenity now.
By LRW
You seem lonely in here WB. So I thought I'd post just to make you look less.... Well I don't know what. But my intentions were good.
We got our own lounge !!!!!!!

And within this lounge we are gonna need a private area for the 911 drivers, as we are the most snobbish drivers on the road, we dont even acknowledge other Porsches, we only race each other, we call Caymans Gaymans, we call front engine Porsches Audis, we call 4 door Porsches VWs, and we pee all over cars painted in Italian racing Rust

the only downside is some of us can get carried away and look down on modernised water cooled types from their old school cooking pots :irked:

The best video of the best car in the world - listen around 2.30 just for a feel

[youtube]AtHaoHix96U[/youtube]
By What's Burning?
My lounge is very... exclusive.

Can I join and get my name in a nice colour...?

Well. You do have a German car, so yeah, what not!
By racechick
Can I join? I'll organise the Saturday night dance. Belly dance exhibition goes without saying :bellydance::bellydance-brunette:

And I would suggest silver for our 'colour' but it won't show up unless you're on acid tiger. So I suggest yellow :)
We got our own lounge !!!!!!!

And within this lounge we are gonna need a private area for the 911 drivers, as we are the most snobbish drivers on the road, we dont even acknowledge other Porsches, we only race each other, we call Caymans Gaymans, we call front engine Porsches Audis, we call 4 door Porsches VWs, and we pee all over cars painted in Italian racing Rust

the only downside is some of us can get carried away and look down on modernised water cooled types from their old school cooking pots :irked:

The best video of the best car in the world - listen around 2.30 just for a feel

[youtube]AtHaoHix96U[/youtube]

My balls have never been big enough to go through red lights. :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!