FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By darwin dali
ESPN F1 Live:
Formula One is on the brink of introducing high definition TV with it being available from the start of the 2011 season, according to a report on Autosport.

Bernie Ecclestone has remained cautious when pressed about the move, making clear on more than one occasion he would not proceed until he was satisfied enough viewers had the ability to watch it and that TV companies were ready to distribute it. But such has been the explosion in sales of HD sets and subscriptions to HD channels, that even Ecclestone can be in no doubt the demand exists.

While Ecclestone has yet to make an official comment, it is understood that talks with broadcasters are at an advanced stage. The 2009 Monaco Grand Prix was tested in HD but until now no further moves towards more widespread coverage have been made.

Earlier in the year Lee McKenzie from BBC's F1 team said HD would be offered to F1 broadcasters in 2011. NASCAR has been transmitted in HD in the USA for six years.

"Not wanting to speak for Bernie, but we all know that the sooner the better," LG's vice president of marketing and global sponsorship Andrew Barrett told Autosport. "Consumers have bought the panels, we've all seen the HD footage and it is demonstrably better than standard definition.

"Every fan can have it [and] they almost all have the HD televisions in their house. It cannot come fast enough and I hope it is next year … and I am hopeful that it is next year."

Barrett was more cautious about 3D TV. Although there have been tests, he said that widespread use of the technology was still some way off. "If it was my decision, I would not put it in 3D until there were enough televisions and enough consumers out there watching it to warrant the investment and the change. But HD, we all need now."
By texasmr2
My '1080 flat' will suffice Bernie so I must decline your bequest for more money.
By bud
Your 1080 flat will only display 1080 HD F1 when F1 broadcasts it to you in that format. Even then it will be 1080i and not 1080p.
By Juliet P
Ooo, it's so sexy when you talk techy... :hehe:
By texasmr2
Your 1080 flat will only display 1080 HD F1 when F1 broadcasts it to you in that format. Even then it will be 1080i and not 1080p.

I'm happy with what I have is all I'm saying :) .
By darwin dali

I'm happy with what I have is all I'm saying :) .

That's what all men say whose attachments are questioned... :twisted::hehe:
By texasmr2
Your a very very naughty boy!! :whip:

See our F1 related articles too!