FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
I know Murray Walker was famed for his commentating, so I thought I'd start a thread on interesting commentator comments from motorsport.

I don't know if anyone was watching the first race in the WTCC today, however one of the commentators was obviously not a massive fan of the race stewards. When discussing Huff's stupid drive-through penalty, his comment was "the stewards couldn't drive sheep, let along cars," which I rather liked :thumbup:

Anyone else heard any other interesting comments recently...?
I find it interesting that I never really liked James Allen on the TV however his website I find really good.

Yeah, even Legards blogs tend to be ok.

I think becuase to get to the top, their not actually rubbish f1 journalists, just sometimes the pressure or tv commentary doesn't actually suit them.
Tim Harvey's comments a few weeks back at the Silverstone BTCC race comparing Vettel and Matt Neal made me laugh. :hehe:
martin brundle is the best commentator in motorsport fact!

I'd dispute that and nominate Steve Matchett - that guy knows his sh!t, technical/mechanical, etc., and he's got eagle's eyes and sees stuff nobody else sees until he shows a slow-mo replay or still pic of something on a car.

I'd dispute that and nominate Steve Matchett - that guy knows his sh!t, technical/mechanical, etc., and he's got eagle's eyes and sees stuff nobody else sees until he shows a slow-mo replay or still pic of something on a car.

:yes: He's got an insiders POV. I'm glad SPEED has him.
For pure entertainment, I have to put Murray Walker forward as the best F1 commentator; although not currently commentating sadly! :(
For pure entertainment, I have to put Murray Walker forward as the best F1 commentator; although not currently commentating sadly! :(

Best implies superior performance - you wouldn't call Badoer the best F1 driver even though you may have laughed tears about his performance and felt rather entertained, would you?

Best implies superior performance - you wouldn't call Badoer the best F1 driver even though you may have laughed tears about his performance and felt rather entertained, would you?

Driver and commentator aren't really comparable like that though :wink:

Murray Walker also has the best technical knowledge with gems like "The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical" and "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing" :hehe: , classic technical knowledge, in media terms I believe the best refers to the most entertaining!

Murray Walker also has the best technical knowledge with gems like "The lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical" and "And that just shows you how important the car is in Formula One Racing" :hehe: , classic technical knowledge, in media terms I believe the best refers to the most entertaining!

Nah, too many senior moments plus a very annoying voice - I'd turn to another channel.

:yes: He's got an insiders POV. I'm glad SPEED has him.

His books are good but I have never heard him on the box so can not say

See our F1 related articles too!