FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By Bubbie
I think he does a pretty good job. Having a bit of history in TV, I can tell you that he is doing a great job, considering all the things we don't see, or things that don't occur to us.

He keeps the flow going very well. His timing is great and he usually hits the post flawlessly when throwing back to quali. He manages to keep going with all the chatter going on in his ears. I am not sure of the BBC setup, but from some comments (i.e. Eddie not hearing that he was coming back into shot) there is always a lot of chatter going on in their ears. With regards to cutting off Sterling I think that was one of the things, they would have been chattering in his ear to throw back to the action.

Jake is also pretty good at asking the tough questions. Not as good as Eddie mind you, but pretty good. His knowledge is good for a spectator and I think he is supposed to be our proxy. The real people in the know are supposed to be DC, EJ and MB.
By Flynn
He should not of cut off Stirling Moss. He should have spent a few more seconds being more polite, that would be the least he could do.
By 7UpJordan
Jake Humphrey is a dipstick. He sounds like an ever-so-timid kid, he's spineless, can't stop talking about Red Bull and Vettel, loves Christian Horner too much, and the worst part was at Valencia when he could not go 5 minutes without changing the subject and talking about Football.

Eddie Jordan should host the coverage himself.
By racechick
Ever since they cast this idiot as the face of BBC F1 I have wondered why. He isn't knowledgable about Formula 1, backed up by the constant mistakes he makes when commentating, is annoying, rude to the drivers, he even dared to cut off Sir Stirling Moss when talking to him :nono: When I see his stupid mug I just want to smash him in the face, I guess he's only popular with a certain demographic of lady fans because of his handsome face. They could have had one of the guys from ITV, I know there were two ex drivers on their team which I always get mixed up with. Martin Brundle and someone else with a similar sounding name and I couldn't ever tell them apart. They could have gotten him, or Tiff Needel or anyone. So why did they choose this blundering fool?

:yikes: The guy that hosts it right?I think he's the perfect foil for David(my team screwed me thats why I never won anything)Coulthard and Eddie(I'll say what the hell i want to say)Jordan. I think he lightens things when they get too heavy and he's funny. I dont think they need an F1 expert in that role, they have experts on there, they need a guy to keep things on an even keel and he does that well.
For your information I'm not a lady fan taken in by his 'handsome face', he may be your type but he's not mine.
Also for you ionformation the two ex racing drivers your getting confused with are Martin Brundle(he's still on the programme) and Mark Blundell. Nothing alike actually. The former very well informed and coherent, the latter not completely in command of the English language and frequently biased for or against certain drivers or teams.
By Flux
for someone new to f1, i think he has done an amazing job he's picked up in a year and abit what other journalist''s and presenters do in 10+ years on itv, rai, espn ect ect
It's Jonathon Legard i can't stand he gets ten times more things wrong than anyone else.

Soooo true.
I really don't mind Humphreys, he seems a nice lad and he does what he is supposed to do.
But Legard is just appaling!
By Gaz
I can't say that I was overly keen on Jake Humphrey last year when he became the new face of Formula 1 for the BBC. Yes he has made numerous mistakes along the way, but like us all, he is only human, and not perfect. His style of presentation has grown on me, and today he was asking all the right questions, with an amazing degree of professionalism, confidence and knowledge. For the benefit of Flynn, (who can't spell) the former F1 driver and ITV commentator who's name you couldn't remember, is Mark Blundell.

Yeah Mark Blundell he would have been a way better choice than this Jack twat.

your kidding right dci mark budell

"wot lewis dun der was ded gud"

hes a pudit not a commentator
By abbstarr
I don't think he is especially attractive he is probably isn't for the ladies, I'm sure they could have find someone a lot better if that's what they were going for when hiring someone for the job. I think he's doing a good job, it's obvious he's no expert but he has a good back up team of people in the know and they bouncy off each other nicely which I think creates a good chatter and gets all the main points in which is what you want for the job he does.
By europaroad
hello all,i agree with everone humphreys is so annoying as is eddie jordan.jake humphreys is as bad as commenting as he is driving cars on a track who would give him a car to drive around a track thank god he will never make formula 3000 or formula 1.jake humphreys is so annoying when doing commentary at grand prix we should do a poll to see who should be the next presenter at formula 1 2011.martin brundle and lee mc kenzie should be the main presenters at future f1 grand prix.also why do the let eddie jordan talk to hrh of abu dhabi gp he does now how to talk or interact with hrh and another example was when he was speaking to dietrich mateschitz which was a terrible interview as all his interviews are very unprofessional.all that mattered to eddie was his ego and making a name for himself and if u noticed during walk down race cars with martin the next president jean declined him an interview at least jean didnt want to get ej ego any bigger than it was.also why did eddie not wear a poppy for remebrance day.dc and jh did.i hope bbc get rid of ej and replace him with someone more professional as martin brundle is much better on his own walking up to drivers and before walk down cars eddie asked martin are we a team again.no one seems to like ej. :thumbdown:
By myownalias
Never mind Jake Humphreys, Legard needs to go; the man can't tell the difference between a missing front wing and rear wing on the Lotus despite it being on screen! :rolleyes:
By McLaren
Never mind Jake Humphreys, Legard needs to go; the man can't tell the difference between a missing front wing and rear wing on the Lotus despite it being on screen! :rolleyes:

Yea i was laughing at that, something like he said "front wing" ,Brundle said "no Back wing",then to reply with" front wing,back wing,it was still a wing" what a fool.
Eddie Jordan running on before a GP is also annoying. :hehe:
By cap-dude
Slightly ironic that somone's complaining about Jake making mistakes, whenever the thread creator can't even spell his name right. :hehe:

Personally I like the guy. He's upbeat, down to earth, and generally very nice. For someone he's probably not been an avid F1 follower, he's done a fanatastic job at emmersing himself in a world that is new to him. A good few times he's even displayed more knowledge than some of the vetrans on the scene.

The one I don't expect to see next is Johnathan Legard.
Legard: So that's truili losing a bit of front wing
Brundle: No, he's got no rear wing
Legard: Still then, he's lost a wing

Really, I just don't listen to what the man has to say. But when I do, he's just frustrating to listen to. He's commentating is even too often, behind what we're actually watching. Like today he was saying, it seems Alonso's out ahead of Webber, when we could clearly see on the TV, Alonso with Webber right behind him.
By 7UpJordan
I still think Jake is annoying. He does such horrible, lame acting too. When he did the Jim Clark feature he was especially poor;

"Oh and then Jim went off and crashed.... and then died..."

Steve Rider could do a better job, even if he can't go 2 seconds without mentioning Lewis in some shape or form (yes he even does this in the BTCC coverage!).

See our F1 related articles too!