FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By Flynn
Ever since they cast this idiot as the face of BBC F1 I have wondered why. He isn't knowledgable about Formula 1, backed up by the constant mistakes he makes when commentating, is annoying, rude to the drivers, he even dared to cut off Sir Stirling Moss when talking to him :nono: When I see his stupid mug I just want to smash him in the face, I guess he's only popular with a certain demographic of lady fans because of his handsome face. They could have had one of the guys from ITV, I know there were two ex drivers on their team which I always get mixed up with. Martin Brundle and someone else with a similar sounding name and I couldn't ever tell them apart. They could have gotten him, or Tiff Needel or anyone. So why did they choose this blundering fool?
By EagleF1-27
Well, apart from having a good reason to dislike him (he is a Norwich City supporter) I dont actually mind him. Today for example, along with EJ he has been asking all the questions of Ferrari that people have wanted to ask. And he has also made some good points in the discussions countering Brundle and Coulthard.
By richindarlo
Think he is doin a good job actually, gets better with ever race. and im surprised by his knowledge when radio 1 interview him the friday before a race. I think they all make a good balanced team
By McLaren
Well, apart from having a good reason to dislike him (he is a Norwich City supporter) I dont actually mind him. Today for example, along with EJ he has been asking all the questions of Ferrari that people have wanted to ask. And he has also made some good points in the discussions countering Brundle and Coulthard.

So is Martin Brundle a Norwich fan :wink:

Hes a good lad used to sit near me at Norwich games
By EagleF1-27

Is he? Didnt realise that, he has now gone down a bit in my estimations!
Oh IIRC doesnt Brundle come from King's Lynn, that would explain his like of Narwich.
By McLaren

Is he? Didnt realise that, he has now gone down a bit in my estimations!
Oh IIRC doesnt Brundle come from King's Lynn, that would explain his like of Narwich.

Yes he does about 10 miles down the road from me :hehe:
By snodgeball
I can't say that I was overly keen on Jake Humphrey last year when he became the new face of Formula 1 for the BBC. Yes he has made numerous mistakes along the way, but like us all, he is only human, and not perfect. His style of presentation has grown on me, and today he was asking all the right questions, with an amazing degree of professionalism, confidence and knowledge. For the benefit of Flynn, (who can't spell) the former F1 driver and ITV commentator who's name you couldn't remember, is Mark Blundell.
By richindarlo
It's Jonathon Legard i can't stand he gets ten times more things wrong than anyone else.

:hehe:
By Bladesman
It's Jonathon Legard i can't stand he gets ten times more things wrong than anyone else.

I agree about Legard there.

I am indifferent to Jake though.
By richindarlo
Legard has an orgasm over the slightest thing. It gets very annoying
By Flynn
I can't say that I was overly keen on Jake Humphrey last year when he became the new face of Formula 1 for the BBC. Yes he has made numerous mistakes along the way, but like us all, he is only human, and not perfect. His style of presentation has grown on me, and today he was asking all the right questions, with an amazing degree of professionalism, confidence and knowledge. For the benefit of Flynn, (who can't spell) the former F1 driver and ITV commentator who's name you couldn't remember, is Mark Blundell.

Yeah Mark Blundell he would have been a way better choice than this Jack twat.
By SaintDean
Think he is doin a good job actually, gets better with ever race. and im surprised by his knowledge when radio 1 interview him the friday before a race. I think they all make a good balanced team

I think he could talk utter bollocks to Chris Moyles etc and he would still sound midly intelligent.

See our F1 related articles too!