FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
:yikes: I just went to check any availability change in Netflix for the movie, and realized that I can get the F1 season reviews and the Le Mans review DVD's!

All this time and I never thought to check!
:yikes: I just went to check any availability change in Netflix for the movie, and realized that I can get the F1 season reviews and the Le Mans review DVD's!

All this time and I never thought to check!

[youtube]R_M9WrTC_qM[/youtube]
Bought this on dvd yesterday and must say some of the unseen footage was moving, especially in suzuka 1989 and 90 where he is victimised by the fascist balestre
Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to see this film when it was distributed in the cinemas. Today, my DVD copy arrived in the post.

I thought it was absolutely brilliant. Fantastically made film. My heart was pounding throughout the coverage of Imola '94. There are no words. :crying:
My heart was pounding throughout the coverage of Imola '94.

Yeah mine was too. The onboard footage... when you knew exactly what was coming and when. That somehow made it worse.
My heart was pounding throughout the coverage of Imola '94.

Yeah mine was too. The onboard footage... when you knew exactly what was coming and when. That somehow made it worse.

:yes:

Of course I'd seen the crash before, so I was tensing up when that lap came. What an awful weekend for F1. I know it's now a long time ago, but that film is still incredibly powerful and hard-hitting.

What a legendary man.
I watched the film ages ago.Just got the blue ray.Is there an option on the normal dvd for a longer version of the film?.Just watched that and have to say it's more in depth and a lot better for true F1 fans.think it was 2 hours 20 mins. :thumbup:
Got Senna film off Santa. LOVED IT!! How they screwed him over in 89!! No wonder he stuffed them back in 90! He was amazing. The similarities with Lewis :hiding: arent just limited to the driving style...its the way others tried to screw him. Got to watch that film agen..and agen...and agen...and agen..and maybe agen...ok and another time. Thank you Santa :D
Clearly the film has been a success!

The Senna film has been nominated for three British Academy Film Awards, ahead of the gala ceremony that takes place next month.

The documentary on the life of the late three-time world champion has already proved a hit with cinema audiences, and picked up a number of trophies - including an AUTOSPORT Award last year.

Now, it has been recognised by the judges of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), who have nominated it in three categories.

Senna has been put forward in the categories for Outstanding British Film, Documentary and Editing.

In the Outstanding British Film award it is going up against My Week with Marilyn, Shame, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and We Need to talk about Kevin.

It is one of only three films in the Documentary category, with its rivals being George Harrison: Living in the material world, and Project Nim.

The BAFTA Awards ceremony takes place at London's Royal Opera House on February 12.

Writer Manish Pandey wrote on Twitter: "Senna given 3 @BAFTA nominations! Can't remember a doc that was as honoured. Thank you to the British Academy."
Well, I've just completed watching the BAFTAs, and it was great to see the Senna film enjoy success. The film claimed the prize for Best Documentary and also Best editing!

Good times :thumbup:
I got it as a x-mas present from my hubby. It took me three days to pull myself together after watching it for the first time. It hit me really hard - didn't see it coming. So pleased it got all those rewards

See our F1 related articles too!