FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
Yah I need a VHS to DVD recorder yet I never get around to buying one but atleast I now have a new VHS/DVD player and I'm recording my first full season in over 10yrs to VHS, baby steps I guess :hehe: .
i have bought 8 full seasons from this guy, <Edited for content>
I got 1988,1994,1996,2000,2001,2004 ,2008 and 2009 ,all were great quality and came nicely boxed
Yes they are quite expensive,but i dont mind paying for a quality item when its worth it and i paid using paypal which was easy and gave me peace of mind
Sure beats the hell out of sitting down for hours downloading them from torrents when you can get them already on dvd and edited ,bonus of 2008 and 2009 were that they are both digital dvd quality which is fantastic on my big screen tv
You can buy VHS to PC USB adaptors that connect to the Yellow/Red/White plugs, they are cheaper and easier than a DVD recorder, plus you could just burn the file onto a disc on your PC.

Not sure if there are PAL and NTSC's versions but they're only about £30 over here.
You can buy VHS to PC converter, for example here: http://easycap.co.uk/
Its the easiest and cheapest way.

Its been only two or three weeks when I ruminated about recording sports events (I was considering buying DVD recorder too!), and found probably easiest and cheapest solution (for me):

All DVD recorders (or most of them) with hard drive have USB interface, but its impossible to transfer data to external hard drives and other USB devices. You have to burn everything on DVD, then leave it there, or copy to PC, total waste of time and DVD discs.
Digital receivers with USB interface allow you to transfer data to your external devices and they cost much less than DVD recorders.
Theres another way - buy DVB-T USB stick (Volar offers good ones), you can record broadcasting directly to your PC. And it can be used for converting VHS tapes to PC as well (works on the same principle like easycap).
Dont waste your time ane money with overpriced (and imho useless) DVD recorders.

Does anybody have an invite to racing-underground they could pm me?

I would like to have one too :D If theres someone who is interested in retrogaming and gaming in general, I can invite him to underground-gamer (you can get everything there) in return.

See our F1 related articles too!