FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By darwin dali
The story of Michael Schumacher's life and career could be made into a film, his manager admitted on Wednesday.

Willi Weber told the newspaper Abendzeitung that he had received some enquiries about obtaining the rights to the tale of how the son of a bricklayer redefined success at the pinnacle of motor sport.

"Now we are looking at these enquiries," Weber said.

The news follows reports that an autobiography, ghost written by Schumacher's spokeswoman Sabine Kehm and simply entitled 'Michael Schumacher', would be published in November.

Hm, dunno, but this could be of interest to only a certain segment of F1 fans, not the general public. For Joe Blow this would be a big yawning festival - there's absolutely no scandal, chachapfoom (uh, better than the censoring umpalumpa - gee, can't even mention six with an 'e' here?? :roll: ) , lies or videotapes in his private life. The proverbial man every mother would want as her son-in-law. And who would they cast as 'Schumi'? Brad Pitt? Nah, too handsome and too busy playing Angelina's lapdog. Til Schweiger http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0001709/ maybe?
By bud
They made a movie about Dale Earnhardt too.....:P

umm Til played a champ car racer in DRIVEN dunno if that would work playing Mike having done that role
By Dazza
The Kip Pardue character vs the Til Schweiger character reminded me of Villeneuve vs Schumi when i saw the movie.
By bud
hehe yeah definately some influence there, German title winner against a rookie with glasses :lol:
By Selcouth_Feline
Well, it's not quite his life story but he is going to be in the movie Asterix & Obelix alongside Zinedine Zidane... :)
By F1_Freak
Has anybody considered that they could place him as himself?

He could, like, probably do the stunt driving in the F1 cars....;)
By Marco
True, there should be more F1 films...in fact i'm struggling to think of one.
By Stephen
Ermm - I think 'Days of Thunder' is probably one of the best motorsport films (on now on BBC if anyone's interested) but F1, I'm sure there's one, but can't place it - I'm probably thinking of some Herbie film. :D
By Irv the Swerve
There was a CART film as well.. ''Driven'' staring Sly Stallone. He even wanted make an F1 flim before ''Driven''.

'Stallone had originally intended to make a movie based on Formula 1, attending the 1997 Italian Grand Prix and stating his goal in a press conference'.
By darwin dali
Yeah, that Stallone movie was a non-starter. I still don't know why exactly he changed it to CART.
By darwin dali
I thought to remember that there were some problems with getting permission for filming, or getting F1 to sacrifice a week or so for filming. Anybody knows?
By R00DIT
i would imagine bernie had something to say about it, like no. could also be something to do with the then cigarette advertising?

See our F1 related articles too!