FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By elfinitty
Some are fine but they can also ruin it.Sometimes they seem to exaggarate something not that important.Or give an incorrect information?
Actually,I can't make any comments about the commentary since I can't watch F1 in a language that I actually understand.In previous years the Turkish commentary was very good.I have learned some useful information even during the rain break in Canadian GP.During the Turkish GP,the commentator had a duty so we had other commentators.I knew one of them,he used to host a program before every Grand Prix.He was good at that but I can't really say the same about his race commentary.Maybe he was better in his previous years,I wasn't watching F1 then.

What do you think about the commentary in your country?

What a rhyming thread it is :cloud9:
Last edited by elfinitty on 01 Jun 12, 17:42, edited 1 time in total.
By andrew
No one will ever better Murray Walker. This is a fact.

Murray Walker and Martin Brundle were ok.
Martin Brundle and James Allan were terrible due to Allan being terrible and Brundle starting to disappear up his own diffuser.
Martin Brundle and David Coulthard were terrible due to Brundle constantly shouting over Coulthard. By now, only Brundles feet can be seen dangling out of his diffuser.
David Coulthard and Ben Edwards are good. Can't really fault them.
By vlad
Brundle and Coulthard were pretty good, IMO.

Martin Brundle and James Allan were terrible due to Allan being terrible and Brundle starting to disappear up his own diffuser.
Martin Brundle and David Coulthard were terrible due to Brundle constantly shouting over Coulthard. By now, only Brundles feet can be seen dangling out of his diffuser.

For once, andrew, I agree with you on all points :thumbup:

James Allen was the worst thing that ever happened to F1 commentary. DC and Ben are pretty darn good though. Murray Walker = forever a legend :cloud9:
By geetface9
I saw a few hours of sky coverage over the last few weeks and martin brundle seems like a $#@!ing tw@ to be honest.

I like the guys on speed. Bob varsha knows a lot of stuff, steve matchett used to be a mechanic so he knows all the technical stuff, and david hobbs sounds like he's drunk half the time and is just entertaining. Not a huge fan of will buxton cuz of the way he talks. I find it annoying
By stonemonkey

You forgot Legard (easily done), like Allen I thought his enthusiasm came across too forced but unlike Allen, Legard didn't have a clue what he was talking about.
EVERYBODY LOVES JONATHAN LEGARD!:D

Honestly though, I preferred Legard to Allen, by a long, long way. :yes:

By andrew

To be fair I find him a lot more tolerable now that he'snot commentating on F1.

To be fair I find him a lot more tolerable now that he'snot commentating on F1.

:rofl:

I liked him at first. I thought he was going to be the next Murray Walker. I still feel sorry for him now, but the fans really weren't impressed. :shock:
By IceCube
definitely Jonathan Legard, and Martin Brundle
By racechick
Murry walker and James Hunt

Here are a few-some from Hunt's racing days
Murray - 'And flames are coming out of Prost's car as he enters the swimming pool.
James - 'Well that should put them out then.'

Murray: "Arnoux holding up Prost as he is lapped...Rene tells me that he is having difficulty adapting to a normally aspirated car, after driving turbos for years, which is why he is so slow."

Hunt: "Well of course that's b******s."

''Oi, Depailler! Where did you get your superlicence? Out of a crisp packet?!''

''I wouldn't worry about your face Niki, you were ugly in the first place!''

''Very stupid driving from Mansell there''

Murray ''Berger's car is on fire!''
Hunt ''No Murray that's his rainlight''

''Piquet has got no motivation whatsoever. He's only in F1, to keep his 45 metre yacht afloat, and his helicopter in petrol''

''Andrea De Cesaris should really be called De Crasheris. He's smashed up so many cars in testing. He's an embarrasment to himself, his team and the sport, and maybe he should retire''

''And Mansell was very lucky to not be taken off by that REDICULOUS piece of driving by Alliot who didn't bother looking in his mirrors!''

''No hurry for the Williams team, just very important to not make a mistake. And thats absolutely fine.......(matter of fact) Oh, and he's lost a wheel'' ( on Mansell who also lost the championship)

Hunt on his Mclaren car

''This car is absolutely hopeless. It's like driving a wet sponge"

''Mclaren did a spectacularly sloppy job in Spain. They didn't even bother to check the car after the race!''

And on his team mate who crashed into him
''Bloody Herman! He nobbled me well and truly!''

Loved him!!!! Can you imagine if Lewis got out of his McLaren and said any of the above . Or can you imagine Humt with the pitstop and strategy and fuel f-ups this year?? :rofl::rofl:
By Frontrunner
Brundle and Coulthard were the best pairing IMO, Also didn't mind James Allen either(i think I would be the only one that thinks this), just because the way he commentated, so bias to the Brit drivers made me laugh, I will never forget Button's first GP win at Budapest where James really went off his nut, Me and some friends had a good old laugh that night. And never to forget how James would kick off the Gp with "THE xxxxxx GRAND PRIX IS STARTING NOW!!:rofl:

See our F1 related articles too!