FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
I think over the year I've been on the forum, I think I've concluded that some people seem to have been...idk, raised(?) to hate one team or another. It's not a bad thing, just observation. Like most of the UK folk hate ferrari and ferrari fans hate mclaren, etc. I don't what we may be seeing are journalists whose parents in some sense almost raised them to be huge fans or mclaren or ferrari or this driver or that driver, and it comes out really bad when they're adults.

I don't even watch american football (not soccer) but i'm kind of a cowboys fan just because my dad had the cowboys game on EVERY sunday my entire life. I had no choice in the matter. So if you were raised by your dad yelling at the tv every few sundays about how bad ferrari, mclaren, schumi, prost, senna, hill, whoever and whatever are, then maybe that's what is coming out in these guys' journalism.

That's it, blame the parents.

Actually, I agree with it to some extent, particularly with football (soccer) and also the hatred between Scotland and England with people being brought up to think like that. It's not nearly as prevalent in F1 though, how crap would it be to have to seperate fans at GPs?
I think over the year I've been on the forum, I think I've concluded that some people seem to have been...idk, raised(?) to hate one team or another. It's not a bad thing, just observation. Like most of the UK folk hate ferrari and ferrari fans hate mclaren, etc. I don't what we may be seeing are journalists whose parents in some sense almost raised them to be huge fans or mclaren or ferrari or this driver or that driver, and it comes out really bad when they're adults.

I don't even watch american football (not soccer) but i'm kind of a cowboys fan just because my dad had the cowboys game on EVERY sunday my entire life. I had no choice in the matter. So if you were raised by your dad yelling at the tv every few sundays about how bad ferrari, mclaren, schumi, prost, senna, hill, whoever and whatever are, then maybe that's what is coming out in these guys' journalism.

That's it, blame the parents.

Ah I just realized it came off like that. I mean to say, blame the fact that kids pick things up from their parents. I'm sure most parents don't say to their kids, "ferrari/mclaren are bad and you must hate them your whole life!" It's probably more like "hey, root for whoever you like. but just so you know, alonso/lewis/vettel is a dirty cheat and a:censored::censored::) "

:rofl: but really I don't mean to blame parents, merely the fact that kids pick up similar likes and dislikes from their parents, in general, so they are in a sense "raised" to be that way. Just a theory!!
I'm sure most parents don't say to their kids, "ferrari/mclaren are bad and you must hate them your whole life!"

Unfortunately some do, fortunately not many and like I said that's more for the football crowd. One of the great things about going to a GP is the atmosphere with all the fans mixed (except for the Ferrari fan sitting behind you with an airhorn)
to the original post I don't see a problem with saying there's a train, they said the same about Kimi at the end. It's just a fact.

it was just another case of the typical British/English arrogant attitude.
[/quote]

Wtf an American calling the British arrogant :hehe:

Andrew I always get the feeling DC is always overly critical of Schumi, They were never really friends :hehe:
Last edited by bud on 18 Apr 12, 05:55, edited 1 time in total.
I wouldn't expect them to be friends but I don't think Coulthard is overly critical, not compared with Brundle (who I'm sure had a Schumacher voodoo doll in the commentary box with him). Coulthard is usually quite objective and gives all drivers a fair hearing.
to the original post I don't see a problem with saying there's a train, they said the same about Kimi at the end. It's just a fact.

o it was just another case of the typical British/English arrogant attitude.

Andrew I always get the feeling DC is always overly critical of Schumi, They were never really friends :hehe:

You've got your quotes all wrong there. :wink:

DC makes a bit of a joke about it, even when he was interviewing Schumacher. There's not any lack of respect though.
MSC in my mind was backing the pack up on purpose, and why not I think Mercedes themselves felt that they would chew the tires. So giving Rosberg some breathing space was good
One thing I noted was how gracefully he took the screw up in the pits. He was smiling and playful in front of the camera every time they captured him on screen, and he showed genuine happiness for Nico's win. It was refreshing to see, given all the sulky primadonna displays we tend to see.

Typical reply from you (no wonder I left as nothing ever changes around here :( ) and your not even British, now who's arrogant?? :wink:

I miss you also bud:wink: .

Not really :whip::D !!

FYI,
I personaly know Brits who cannot stand the "hollier than thou" attitude of their countrymen, I was not generalizing the group as a whole either.

Typical reply from you (no wonder I left as nothing ever changes around here :( ) and your not even British, now who's arrogant?? :wink:

I miss you also bud:wink: .

Not really :whip::D !!

FYI,
I personaly know Brits who cannot stand the "hollier than thou" attitude of their countrymen, I was not generalizing the group as a whole either.

Actually tex, I have a British citizenship and Passport. I am what they call a dual citizen. :wink:

And I'm sorry you were generalizing, but that's ok I do the same with Americans but at least when I do it I'm right :D
Behave you two! We don't want Zurich_Allan's more "adult" thread to decend into a total barney about the perceived arrogance of Americans or each others citizenship and end up being locked. We have an "adult" thread (as someone wanted) so let's play nice. :)

Media bias against Schumacher - discuss.
Behave you two! We don't want Zurich_Allan's more "adult" thread to decend into a total barney about the perceived arrogance of Americans or each others citizenship and end up being locked. We have an "adult" thread (as someone wanted) so let's play nice. :)

Indeed,wise words!

Media bias against Schumacher - discuss.

Everyone has a bit of bias whether they admit it or not... I'm no Schumacher fan and I don't like his tactics he has used in the past. I admit that I tend to jump to the conclusion without further investigation that Schumacher has caused the incident based on his past behaviour, but to be fair, this year so far he has been a good boy! I'm not going to condemn commentators for expressing an opinion about the on-track action, afterall that is what they are paid to do; I really wouldn't read too much into those comments!
MSC in my mind was backing the pack up on purpose, and why not I think Mercedes themselves felt that they would chew the tires. So giving Rosberg some breathing space was good

I can understand the thought process on tactics, but the problem is as I said - he was never actually at any stage holding any of them up - there was always a little gap there, not a big one, but one that Button simply wasn't eating into. It could be that he was planning on backing the pack up if they got close enough to him of course and so he was hanging back slightly, but for the media to say he was 'holding them up' or similar terms is simply not the case.

See our F1 related articles too!