FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7577279/-Just-Drive-For-Sky-Sports-F1

Alistair Griffin's 'Just Drive' has been confirmed as the title music for Sky Sports F1 HD and will feature on the brand new channel's opening titles.

The video is also in that link.

To be honest, it's nothing compared to the BBC's one from last year. Doesn't really give a sense of adrenaline, more like history. :/

I'm totally unwhelmed by the lack of oomph in this nice little pop song. :hehe:

I had to look him up on Wikipedia. Never heard of the guy! I honestly thought that Sky would fork out for somethinglike The Chain or have something specially written.

I thought it'd be really action packed and adrenaline-filled and get to get the fans pumped! Even if they didn't use The Chain, I thought they might've at least used some sort of fast-paced rock or dance or dubstep or something.

At least the action on the track should be better. :)

The Chain fits well as it starts at the bass solo and builds up to the guitar solo crescendo. Even if they played The Chain from the start it would work well.

Could have been worse though. Could have been a James Blunt tune there! :rofl:
I agree with what's been said above. A rather flat and timid song that doesn't seem to convey the passion, emotion and fast paced action of the sport.

I did however get goosebumps when Senna appeared! :hehe:

"No Particular Place to Go" would have been my only other choice to The Chain. :hehe:

Haha i agree 100% with that!
Updated the OP with the video itself embedded.
My version of Sky's intro with alternate audio:

[youtube]BXgqVZnJDwI[/youtube]
My version of Sky's intro with alternate audio:

[youtube]BXgqVZnJDwI[/youtube]

Better than what they have :D Send them an email

I love that version. So much I would be willing to start a Facebook campaign to get it used as an alternative.
:D
Someone posted this one facebook -

[youtube]hVwbxG9DXYQ[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!