FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
Sorry if this already has a dedicated thread or has already been mentioned but I reckon I might be onto something.

On Monday, SSF1HD had a little VT of the cars at pre-season testing with the song, "Money For Nothing" by Dire Straits over the top of the video. Could this be the intro music they use for the 2012 season's coverage?

I might just be clutching at straws but I thought I'd bring it up. To be honest, we probably won't know what music they'll use until the 16th, but it's always fun to speculate! :)

I'm new here. I'm looking for a forum to discuss everything F1, but there's hundreds of them all over the Internet. I hope I've found the best one here! :)

Thanks.

UPDATE: The Intro has been revealed! See it here: http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... -Sports-F1

[youtube]aAsNkW8WmMs[/youtube]
Last edited by calvins48 on 07 Mar 12, 22:07, edited 2 times in total.
F1 intro music will always be the end of The Chain by Fleetwood Mac (the original version, not the bastardised version that the BBC cluttered up with fancy wooshy sounds for the past 2 seasons). Anything else just doesn't fit right. :D

Welcome to the forum BTW. :drink::wavey:
I agree, The Chain does fit very well.

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Thanks for the welcome, andrew. :)
F1 intro music will always be the end of The Chain by Fleetwood Mac (the original version, not the bastardised version that the BBC cluttered up with fancy wooshy sounds for the past 2 seasons). Anything else just doesn't fit right. :D

But do you think Sky will use it, seeing as BBC are using it......?

Anyway SkySportsF1 will be announcing it today.

But do you think Sky will use it, seeing as BBC are using it......?

No idea. I'd imagine it'll be either a very well known tune or something composed specially for Sky given that they have very deep pockets and can afford either option.

I don't have Sky and there is no way I'm paying for it for just one channel. I'm stuck with the BBC's half hearted offerings but at least they should still have The Chain.

Really? Where did you hear that?
I'm new here. I'm looking for a forum to discuss everything F1, but there's hundreds of them all over the Internet. I hope I've found the best one here! :)

Thanks.

Hi mate, and welcome to the forum! :wavey:

We seem to be having an influx of high quality new members at the moment. Seriously happy days :thumbup:

Hope you stay with us throughout the season :drink:

Thanks.

We seem to be having an influx of high quality new members at the moment. Seriously happy days :thumbup:

Cheers!

I'm sure I will. I need some more people to discuss this season with! :)

Thanks.

Cheers!

I'm sure I will. I need some more people to discuss this season with! :)

There's no shortage of fun and knowledgeable people here. 8-):)
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/new ... -Sports-F1

Alistair Griffin's 'Just Drive' has been confirmed as the title music for Sky Sports F1 HD and will feature on the brand new channel's opening titles.

The video is also in that link.

To be honest, it's nothing compared to the BBC's one from last year. Doesn't really give a sense of adrenaline, more like history. :/
Merged with the other sky sport F1 music thread.

Okay, cool. Thought you might. Could you change the title of the thread to reflect that the intro has now been released? I put the link in the OP. :)
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7577279/-Just-Drive-For-Sky-Sports-F1

Alistair Griffin's 'Just Drive' has been confirmed as the title music for Sky Sports F1 HD and will feature on the brand new channel's opening titles.

To be honest, it's nothing compared to the BBC's one from last year. Doesn't really give a sense of adrenaline, more like history. :/

I'm totally unwhelmed by the lack of oomph in this nice little pop song. :hehe:

I had to look him up on Wikipedia. Never heard of the guy! I honestly thought that Sky would fork out for somethinglike The Chain or have something specially written.
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7577279/-Just-Drive-For-Sky-Sports-F1

I'm totally unwhelmed by the lack of oomph in this nice little pop song. :hehe:

I had to look him up on Wikipedia. Never heard of the guy! I honestly thought that Sky would fork out for somethinglike The Chain or have something specially written.

I thought it'd be really action packed and adrenaline-filled and get to get the fans pumped! Even if they didn't use The Chain, I thought they might've at least used some sort of fast-paced rock or dance or dubstep or something.

At least the action on the track should be better. :)

See our F1 related articles too!