FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By 1Lemon
It's only the Gaurdian. A paper read by tree hugging, sandle wearing, unwashed, pretentious, public schooled gonks who aspire to be working class 'cos it's trendy to kid on your folks ain't minted. :thumbdown::rolleyes:

The Gaurdian'll be crying it's eyes out as the film will (in their view) glorify the burning of petrol and therefore the melting of the polar ice caps. In short, they'll be blaming global warming on this film. :hehe:

:clap::clap::clap:

Either way I'm going to see the film in an hour so should give be able to say if it's worthwhile going to see it tonight. Or you can follow me on my Twitter @TheCrawford *SHAMELESS PLUG!!!!*
By LRW
It's only the Gaurdian. A paper read by tree hugging, sandle wearing, unwashed, pretentious, public schooled gonks who aspire to be working class 'cos it's trendy to kid on your folks ain't minted. :thumbdown::rolleyes:

The Gaurdian'll be crying it's eyes out as the film will (in their view) glorify the burning of petrol and therefore the melting of the polar ice caps. In short, they'll be blaming global warming on this film. :hehe:

Have you even read the article Andrew? Or have you just done your usual and pre judged it.
Sometimes I wonder how you progress through life when you are so negative and cynical about everything.
By Jabberwocky
To be fair Andrews statement:
A made me laugh
B is true about Guardian readers I have met.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4
By andrew

Have you even read the article Andrew? Or have you just done your usual and pre judged it.
Sometimes I wonder how you progress through life when you are so negative and cynical about everything.

To be fair Andrews statement:
A made me laugh
B is true about Guardian readers I have met.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Come on LRW, can't you see the humour or maybe you read the Guardian? :blush:
By LRW
[quohe="Andrew"]

Come on LRW, can't you see the humour or maybe you read the Guardian? :blush:[/quote]

No maybe you're right, maybe I should of taken it more tounge in cheak. Sorry.

But youve got to admit, you can be a tad negative sometimes.

And I've been known to read it from time to time. But I've also been know to read The Sun, The Times, The Independent and..... well that's it.
By racechick
I've got to wait two weeks before I see it. Hope it's still around cos I can't wai to see it!
By geetface9

Negativity and cynicism is the only thing that has propelled me forward in life :D I mean that...

anyway, I'm quite excited to see the movie. I'm getting a VIP room at a theater nearby with some friends and (hopefully) unlimited alcohol during the movie :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:
By 1Lemon
Go. Bloody. See. It. Fantastic film and very well done. Racing scenes are perfect and Buher(?) Actor who played Niki, should get an Oscar for that.

Side note if you're squeamish, look away at the part with the operation after his accident. *spoiler niki had an accident :hehe:
By racechick
This post is the second entry in our writing competition. Enjoy the read and make your comments! Find the article also in the competition thread in the ' forum and website issues' section.

Views on Rush

Well it has been a few days since isaw the film (I don't like to think of writing reviews until a few days afterwards) so here goes.

Ron Howards "Rush" was ok.

I did not feel as if I had connected with the character's, it was all a bit basic in the story telling sense. Page 1 introduce the characters. Page 2 tell them about the moment. Page 3 tell them how the moment come about. Page 4 tell them the next hour from the moment. Page 5 epilogue.

Dont get me wrong the racing scenes where amazing, the attention to detail about the whole film was second to none.

Maybe because I did not feel attached to the characters, I did not feel how titanic the battle was.

However I will buy it On DVD and rank it between Senna and Driven.
I was not expecting anything grand, and my expectation was met. The movie has its strong suits in the actual racing scenes, and the recreation of the crash is very accurate but it just felt like a movie that was always trying to highlight the different philosophies between Lauda and Hunt. It felt a little like a grand father explaining a story to his grand kids instead of watching a movie unfold. There were too many moments with drivers in close up making speeches where they defined the things that made them who they were. Not really something you'd see in reality. James Hunt was busy living fast except all the times he stopped to tell everyone why he lived so fast. near the end there was some real footage of Hunt and Lauda which in some ways made me think that I would have rather had a big budget documentary instead of an idealized storyline of things behind the scenes.

On a technical note, it felt a bit closeuppy, so many things were just shot too close and (I guess for budget reasons) they never showed the grandeur of the various racing circuits and the variety of their environments. I know they reused the same track and changed signs and building facades and banners etc to make them feel like different circuits. (I guess more budget reasons) and relied a bit too much on wowing us with the racing scenes.

Ultimately it's a film that stands on it's own and is certainly worth seeing, but it won't leave you with long lasting cinematic impressions.

See our F1 related articles too!