FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
Being a huge F1 fan I was disappointed when SKY ruined F1 by out bidding BBC for the rights to televise F1 2012. I spoke to SKY yesterday to get a price JUST for F1, I was quoted £30.25 per month as you HAVE to have the minimum package @ £20pm AND SKY HD @ £10.25pm.........WHAT A JOKE!!!
Bernie and Robert Murdoch have a lot to answer for.
Any suggestions guys and girls??
Greetings.

I have virgin media full package which cost me £97 a month but i get 50meg broadband and every single channel including sports,movies and hd box in three different rooms plus land line phone.Now, that sounds like a lot of money but when you split it over four weeks it's nothing.If you think £8.35 a week is a lot of money then you really need to address what you are doing in your life,sorry but as an adult,that amount of money is a small price to pay for something you love watching.

On top of that Sky F1 will be far better than what the bbc can give us.
Greetings.

I have virgin media full package which cost me £97 a month but i get 50meg broadband and every single channel including sports,movies and hd box in three different rooms plus land line phone.Now, that sounds like a lot of money but when you split it over four weeks it's nothing.If you think £8.35 a week is a lot of money then you really need to address what you are doing in your life,sorry but as an adult,that amount of money is a small price to pay for something you love watching.

Ok when i was at school 4 times £8.35 wasn't £97 :wink: it was £33.40
Greetings.

BERNIE is in the house!!! Not incredible with the maths part though. :P
Greetings.

He said sky were going to charge him £30.25 which works out at £8.35.

Did you notice the full stop after my second sentence,i have marked it in red.It's where my second sentence ends and the new sentence referring to his £35.25 begins,hope that helps with your reading skills.

When i was at school,i could read properly,how about you? :banghead:
Greetings.

Did you notice the full stop after my second sentence,i have marked it in red.It's where my second sentence ends and the new sentence referring to his £35.25 begins,hope that helps with your reading skills.

-_-
Greetings.

Take it easy, it wasn't clearly defined what the 8.35 was referring to. They were just messing with you anyway, but I'm a little worried your suggestion for problems of 30.25 is £97 a month.

---

OP - You can get 10 races live on the BBC and extended highlights of the rest on T.V with full radio coverage. Not great I know, despite what Bernie says about the highlights being preferable.

Or find a pub or bar or something. Make friends with your local shop that sells T.V.

You might be able to get a satellite that picks up unencrypted foreign broadcasting channels that will show F1 live.
Greetings.

He said sky were going to charge him [b]£30.25 which works out at £8.35.[/b]

You sure ?.Must confess i did miss read that :hehe: ,but your maths are still wrong :wink::hehe::hehe:
Funny enough my teachers always said i should pay more attention :D
It may be worth noting that the races the BBC are showing full are the ones that coincide nicely with European time, such as Spain, Monaco, Europe, Britain, Belgium, Singapore, Abu Dhabi and Brazil. The sad loss here is Monza :(

Most of the races not being shown live are the ones that would appear very early in the morning for the British viewers, such as Australia and some of the Asian races.

Races that start very early in the morning will be given 2 hour highlights at 2pm... I assume this means we'll get to see almost all of the action?

Races that start in the early afternoon, but are not being covered live, will receive 90 minutes of highlights in the early evening, at around 17:30. One hour and a half is still plenty of time to squeeze most things in.

It's not ideal, but it's not as bad as some people make it out. Are you really going to find a pub open at 5am in the morning to watch a live race from half way around the world, for example?
That doesn't sound to bad at all,I would of settled for that.Sounds a lot better than what i thought when I first heard the news.
Looking forward to the new channel dedicated to F1 though :cloud9:
Highlights ruins the strategy element to watching it though, lap-by-lap analysis, trying to predict the optimum time for a pitstop and the like. Shits the balance more towards exciting visuals. But we'll have to wait and see.

I was going to suggest Sky Go (streaming) but that costs a whopping £35 for a package that would have Sky F1 included, so it seems like you're stuck unless you stump up the $30.:(

but as an adult,that amount of money is a small price to pay for something you love watching.

Not everyone has £30 to spare each month, some of us have more important and even essential things to use that £30 for, like paying rent, electricity, gas, water, council tax, feeding and clothing our kids, putting fuel in our cars, not to mention the TV LICENCE; no matter how much we love F1, those things need to be paid first!

I was going to suggest Sky Go (streaming) but that costs a whopping £35 for a package that would have Sky F1 included, so it seems like you're stuck unless you stump up the $30.:(

but as an adult,that amount of money is a small price to pay for something you love watching.

Not everyone has £30 to spare each month, some of us have more important and even essential things to use that £30 for, like paying rent, electricity, gas, water, council tax, feeding and clothing our kids, putting fuel in our cars, not to mention the TV LICENCE; no matter how much we love F1, those things need to be paid first!

You mean like me,i pay a mortgage,electric,water,council tax, feeding and clothing my wife(she is expensive) two kids and putting fuel in my C350(£90 a week
) ,not to mention the TV LICENCE, gym,online gaming subs and season ticket for Chelsea FC, these things always get paid first.

See,i am just like you when it comes to paying bills,isn't that a surprise.

Do you smoke,drink or go to the pub,perhaps cutting down on these things will get you the extra £7-8 per week to watch a sport that you seem to love.

Ill say it again,it a nothing,my kids get more than that on a Saturday morning and what else they fleec off mummy during the week.

It's paper round money. :yes:

You mean like me,i pay a mortgage,electric,water,council tax, feeding and clothing my wife(she is expensive) two kids and putting fuel in my C350(£90 a week
) ,not to mention the TV LICENCE, gym,online gaming subs and season ticket for Chelsea FC, these things always get paid first.

Do you smoke,drink or go to the pub,perhaps cutting down on these things will get you the extra £7-8 per week to watch a sport that you seem to love.

Ill say it again,it a nothing,my kids get more than that on a Saturday morning and what else they fleec off mummy during the week.

Your sarcasm/attitude isn't going to go very far in having an online community enjoy having you around, since you haven't even posted in the double digits.

You should realise that some people struggle to pay their bills every week.To some people sky tv is a luxury they simply can't afford.I'm lucky enough to have it ,but in times where there are a lot of people out of work.Maybe you should think a little more before spouting off.

See our F1 related articles too!