FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
Hope I am doing this right folks as I have never posted on forums before.
Just thought I would stick my oar in and tell those that cannot afford sky's exorbitant prices for watching F1 in 2012 and onwards. For £175 you can get sky freesat fitted as a one off payment and then just add £10 per month for sky HD which includes the new F1 channel. I am one of those on a fixed income and an F1 fan {McClaren} and have been searching for a way of not having to pay for sky sports channels.
BRING ON 2012 :clap:
By LewEngBridewell
Hope I am doing this right folks as I have never posted on forums before.
Just thought I would stick my oar in and tell those that cannot afford sky's exorbitant prices for watching F1 in 2012 and onwards. For £175 you can get sky freesat fitted as a one off payment and then just add £10 per month for sky HD which includes the new F1 channel. I am one of those on a fixed income and an F1 fan {McClaren} and have been searching for a way of not having to pay for sky sports channels.
BRING ON 2012 :clap:

Greetings my friend, and welcome to our forum :wavey: Great to have you on board.

I think this thread can be merged with another one of our Sky/BBC threads, so the place remains tidy, and all the discussion can be kept together. :) So don't worry if you see your post has been moved, it's just that it's better if all discussions on the same topic is kept together.

Like yourself, I also cannot afford to pay for Sky, so I will be sticking with the BBC coverage. There are possibly loopholes that can be exploited, such as accessing foreign feeds, although I'm not sure how to do that. There may be sports bars / pubs near you that will show Sky's coverage.

BTW, you support a FINE team! :thumbup::wink:
By myownalias
Thanks for the tip Trevor, I have moved your thread into a more appropriate place and gave it a more useful name! :)
Crap. I've just re-read your original post and realised you were GIVING advice, rather than REQUESTING it! What a moron I am......... I clearly need to go to sleep..... :doh:
In doing some research I came across this interesting little tidbit for those willing to share. I'm sure we could easily set up a PayPal "friends of F1 fund"

Is there ANY way to get British programming here in the States?

Sure give a buddy in the UK a Slingbox then watch via your PC in the USA or wherever!
I was on the phone with a sky rep questioning him over the cheapest way of watching F1 on sky and he informed me that if I took out the very excpensive sky package I would get sky for free??????? I think not!!. He then said that I could just get SKY FREESAT around 175 and then ask for the HD pack at just £10 per month as F1 is free to those who have HD? Unless anyone can tell me different??
I was on the phone with a sky rep questioning him over the cheapest way of watching F1 on sky and he informed me that if I took out the very excpensive sky package I would get sky for free??????? I think not!!. He then said that I could just get SKY FREESAT around 175 and then ask for the HD pack at just £10 per month as F1 is free to those who have HD? Unless anyone can tell me different??

Is freesat part of sky ?.I don't know ,didn't think it was.But if they're not I wouldn't see how you would get the F1 channel , if you don't subscribe to sky. It depends if sky release the channel to them,,might be worth a phone call to freesat before spending any money out. :confused:
Hi
Maybe I should have said, Sky has its own freesat and for the one off fee, they will supply and fit £175. Then pay ten ponds per month for the HD package only and you get a card sent out . You must have an HD ready or HD tv though. Look at the SKY FREESAT SITE> :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!