FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
Sky have officially announced their Broadcasting Team for next year...

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/7356971/Sky-reveal-2012-F1-team

In an eagerly-awaited announcement, the station has confirmed that the hugely popular David Croft will join forces with Martin Brundle in the commentary box for each of the 2012's races, with Brundle on air during every day of each grand prix, dividing his time between paddock, pitlane and commentary box. The flexibility means that former F1 driver Anthony Davidson will be reunited with Croft for commentary duties for each of the weekend's practice sessions.

"In Martin Brundle we have the outstanding F1 broadcaster - on the track and in broadcasting, he's proved it time and again," commented Sky Sports Executive Producer Martin Turner.

"Working alongside him, David Croft is a passionate, experienced commentator and Anthony Davidson can bring great technical knowledge to live practice sessions."

In support, both Natalie Pinkham and Ted Kravitz will scour the pitlane in search of the inside scoop on what's occurring, with Kravitz also co-presenting the magazine show that Sky Sports have also announced will be part of their package.

Ted's co-presenter on the magazine show will be Georgie Thompson, a familiar face to viewers of Sky Sports News, while another familiar face to Sky Sports viewers, Simon Lazenby, will host each grand prix weekend.

And last, but by no means least, broadcasting veteran Steve Rider will stage a series of big interviews with racing legends of the past and present for Sky Sports.
That's a very good team they've acquired there. Martin Brundle and David Croft will be a great pairing. 8-) Ted Kravitz's magazine show sounds mint as well. Overall they've drained some of the best people from the BBC.

I just wish I could afford to enjoy it! :( Maybe one day :wink:
Here's a picture I came across of the new Sky F1 Team line up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Here's a picture I came across of the new Sky F1 Team line up.

Dirty joke in there for DD. :hehe::whip:

David Croft, Anthony Davidson and Natalie Pinkham are good but the rest add very little to nothing indeed. The more that is revealed about the Sky coverage the less I feel I am missing out.
So basically the BBC coverage of the live races will go to poo; SKY have poached all the people that made F1 on the BBC great... although I have to say David Croft and Martin Brundle should make an interesting pairing, I just hope that Sky are true to their word and broadcast the new Sky F1 channel on their streaming service, my father already pays for the full Sky package!
So basically the BBC coverage of the live races will go to poo; SKY have poached all the people that made F1 on the BBC great... although I have to say David Croft and Martin Brundle should make an interesting pairing, I just hope that Sky are true to their word and broadcast the new Sky F1 channel on their streaming service, my father already pays for the full Sky package!

I still think the BBC offering will be in safe hands, especially with Jake Humphrey and DC staying on. They were never a corporation to do things half heartedly.
I still think the BBC offering will be in safe hands, especially with Jake Humphrey and DC staying on.

Contradiction in terms there mate.

They were never a corporation to do things half heartedly.

Not when it comes to football, golf or mindless rubbish aimed at people who shouldn't really be allowed to own a TV unsupervised on a Saturday night then you're right. When it comes to motorsport, the BBC couldn't care less. It's always been this way and it always will be with that shower of :censored: .

you mean like only being bothered to do half a year?

The more I read about what Sky is doing the more I am going to be willing to part with extra cash on my subs with them. I am just hoping for decent info on what they will have on between races. I am getting into the old stuff thanks to ESPN classic. Just finished watching the '78 Japanese GP.

you mean like only being bothered to do half a year?

The more I read about what Sky is doing the more I am going to be willing to part with extra cash on my subs with them. I am just hoping for decent info on what they will have on between races. I am getting into the old stuff thanks to ESPN classic. Just finished watching the '78 Japanese GP.

Yeah what I said sounds daft now, when you look at the current situation. But I just think their coverage over the past few years has been of very high quality.

I also like the noises that Sky have been making, and if I were in a financial position to do so, I would look into getting it without a doubt.

Oh and thanks for bringing my attention to ESPN classic! I didn't know it existed! The room I rent in the flat has Virgin Media as part of the contract, and I've just found the channel on there. 1975 British GP at 8! :drink:
I record them and watch them after er indoors has gone to bed. I think she thinks that it is better than watching *censored*

:hehe:

I'm watching the 1975 British GP now. Tom Pryce has just crashed out of the lead as the rain begins to fall!! :eek:
Seems like Sky's F1 team are going from strength to strength, with the addition of Damon Hill to proceedings:

Damon Hill is to join Sky's coverage of Formula 1 this year to help provide expert analysis of the action for half the races.

The former world champion will be a member of Sky's team for the Australian, Bahrain, Monaco, British, German, Hungarian, Belgian, Indian, United States and Brazilian Grands Prix.

Speaking about his new job, Hill said: "The plans Sky Sports have for Formula 1 are very impressive, particularly the dedicated Formula 1 channel and I couldn't resist becoming involved.

"There are so many reasons to be excited about the new season and I can't wait to get started."

Hill will be on call throughout practice, qualifying and the race, with Sky Sport Executive Producer Martin Turner saying he was delighted about the addition to the team.

"Damon Hill is a British motor racing legend and has incredible Formula 1 knowledge and insight," he explained. "He will provide our viewers with not just a driver's eye view, but also that of a world champion. There aren't many around and I'm delighted we'll have Damon with us during the season."
I'm very happy about Damon Hill being in the lineup. He's always very logical and methodical when explaining various F1 concepts. Although I don't support the way the deal went down and the way BBC handled ANY of the aftermath, I do have to say I'm really looking forward to seeing what this dedicated F1 channel has to offer given that I've already got Sky and thus won't personally be paying any more to get it. :)

See our F1 related articles too!