FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By brionella
I enjoy the pairing of Brundle and Coulthard but I wasn't surprised to hear DC's bias against Michael Schumacher rear its ugly square head again in Korea. :irked: After the incident with Petrov, the comment was "He was innocent THAT time". Previous comments have included, "Ferrari are used to building strong cars becuase Michael Schumacher used to run into people in them when he was with them." Is it me or is this outrageous when the BBC are supposed to be providing fair coverage? I wonder if he is bitter because he was ever only a tenth of the driver Schumacher is or whether he has never got over the incident in Spa 98 when he nearly got punched.
I think those comments are spawned more from good observation that bias :wink:
By racechick
I like Coulthard as a commentator more than I thought I would. I was expecting more bias. But still we get it. Against lewis 'should he have a penalty for that, he has history!'. And for Vettel- Coulthard works for RedBull :rolleyes: 'I don't think he'll get a penalty for that, he has no history of agressive starts'.............er, yes he does.
History should not count DC :banghead::banghead: Thats bias!
On a more serious note, I do agree that DC sometimes shows bias in his TV work. Especially bias towards Red Bull. Which is most understandable.

Martin Brundle also offers many comments about drivers he knows what it's like to race against, and won't hesitate from picking up on the less rosy details about other racers.

All of this simply comes from their experiences I guess.
By brionella
I like Coulthard as a commentator more than I thought I would. I was expecting more bias. But still we get it. Against lewis 'should he have a penalty for that, he has history!'. And for Vettel- Coulthard works for RedBull :rolleyes: 'I don't think he'll get a penalty for that, he has no history of agressive starts'.............er, yes he does.
History should not count DC :banghead::banghead: Thats bias!

Totally agree :clap: Rosberg was only given a fine for not going to the stewards quickly enough, rather than for causing a crash during practice because of his previously good behaviour. So if it was Schumi or Lewis it would be different? Each incident should be judged on its own merits.
By Denthúl
Each incident should be judged on its own merits.

I can't fully agree with that, I'm afraid.

I do agree DC shows bias, especially with a lot of comments in favour of Red Bull and this season Paul di Resta, too. However, I see this as being no different to Allen and Walker in the past, who all had their favourites.

I do agree DC shows bias, especially with a lot of comments in favour of Red Bull and this season Paul di Resta, too. However, I see this as being no different to Allen and Walker in the past, who all had their favourites.

Oh James Allen was the WORST!!! :vomit:
By Denthúl

Get in there.;)

Get in there.;)

Arghh, it's awful isn't it? That horrendous caterwauling put a huge downer on Jenson's first victory :irked:
By andrew
Too busy trying to sound like Murray Walker and the guy wasn't in the same universe he was such a poor commentator. At least the BBC let Johnathan Legard go. He was terrible, with his commentating style comprising of asking question after question. It was like listening to the Riddler!
By Hamilonso
You tend to find erm "bias" like that, when you go out your way to look for it, its actually a trait unbelievably common to F1 fans, or at least the geeky ones like us that join forums we're such anoraks.

I suspect Whitmarsh favours Button, i suspect thats cause im looking for it, perhaps subconsciously as an excuse for Hamilton, which is odd because consciously i dont feel a need to defend Hamilton bad year or not?

Driver-Driver Rivalries are often overhyped, you know when they really truly arent friends or hate each other, cause they do everything to be snidy or not meet. Hamilton and Alonso :cloud9: (best two in F1, bar old schumi) say the meet in switzerland sometimes living near each other, schumi and dc have made many a VT for BBC and seemed friendly on it. Its usually fans trying to interweave their own agendas or thoughts into F1, like a coronation street episode.

Ive heard nothing bias from DC, Jordan or Brundle. Non Hamilton fans seem to think Brundle fans keen him though, dont get that, he seems quick to tell Lewis hes stupid when hes been stupid.
I'm not sure if the examples given are "bias" so much as humorous commentary based on very common observations. Everyone knows Schumacher was an overly-aggressive defender.
By Frontrunner

Get in there.;)

Arghh, it's awful isn't it? That horrendous caterwauling put a huge downer on Jenson's first victory :irked:

Me and some of my freinds got a good laugh that night when we heard James going off when Jenson crossed the line. :rofl:

Also James Allen always starts the race like, "the race will be starting NOW!!!!

See our F1 related articles too!