FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By The_Stig_Money
I always enjoyed speed tv, although I have never seen any alternative broadcasting.

I have vintage races on my computer and they still have David Hobbs commentating.
By audis4gasm
SPEED broadcasts are also about half hour late. I also watch a lot of football and I hate American commentators and broadcasters. They are hired solely on their reporter or anchor skills, not their knowledge of football or F1 and being able to entertain. English announcers are much better even though I live in the US =)
I watch my F1 and some football online on P2P sites :rolleyes: quality isn't always the greatest, but at least I don't have to put up with annoying, boring, dreadful, nuisance, uninformed and unwitting announcers :clap:
Commentators I think make all the difference, the English commentators will make me smile and laugh while enjoying the broadcast, whereas I am almost always bored watching American guys
By killem2
SPEED broadcasts are also about half hour late. I also watch a lot of football and I hate American commentators and broadcasters. They are hired solely on their reporter or anchor skills, not their knowledge of football or F1 and being able to entertain. English announcers are much better even though I live in the US =)
I watch my F1 and some football online on P2P sites :rolleyes: quality isn't always the greatest, but at least I don't have to put up with annoying, boring, dreadful, nuisance, uninformed and unwitting announcers :clap:
Commentators I think make all the difference, the English commentators will make me smile and laugh while enjoying the broadcast, whereas I am almost always bored watching American guys

All of these things are why I stopped with speed. It was atrocious how boring they are. If they would give even 10% of the effort that the annoucers in the NFL give, we'd have a much better F1 scene.

We also need some damn American drivers.
By madbrad
I get the races on TSN which just feeds me the BBC so I get Martin and David and the quality pitlane work. The people at TSN know even less than SPEED about F1.
I pretty much agree with the OP about the guys on SPEED. I do like Steve Matchett. I have read his books and it's too bad he chose to work for SPEED.
Most of the time my satellite provider blacks out SPEED whenever it's broadcasting F1.
By audis4gasm
Most of the time my satellite provider blacks out SPEED whenever it's broadcasting F1.

It's because they hate the announcers as well :hehe:
BBC announcers are quite nice though
By myownalias
I guess that F1 must be getting more popular in the US for TV companies to be in a bidding war to screen the sport; having two US races next season helps obviously!
By darwin dali
Yeah, but will they show them races live?? Or will we have Sunday afternoon broadcast when the rest of the world already talks about the outcome of the race? :yikes:
By LRW
Yeah, but will they show them races live?? Or will we have Sunday afternoon broadcast when the rest of the world already talks about the outcome of the race? :yikes:

Well I imagine if there has been a bidding war for the rights, NBC will want to return as much revenue as possible? Which surely means airing at peak times.... Ie time delayed. ?
By myownalias

Maybe they'll do both; like Sky in the UK does; catering for us die hards and also for the more casual viewers!
I'm hoping we do get a good coverage team... Varsha can stay at SPEED doing all the Barret Jackson auctions he wants. Matchett is a knowledgeable guy and relatively unbiased, Hobbs I'm hot an cold on, he's got a good insight into the big picture but he's long in the tooth and it shows sometimes but he's got his head up deep in Vettel's @ss. Perhaps an opportunity to bring in Peter Windsor? :cloud9:
By scotty
Didn't Windsor used to be part of coverage over there? I have several old races (circa 2007) that are recordings from Speed and whatever, and i'm sure he's on them.
By Stealthgate007
Well now that SPEED is out after 17 years of coverage, Im quite worried about who will be picking it up here in the US..

I wonder if I will get all the races.. At least I knew where I stood. And if it is on NBC (Free) I am dumping my cable. I spend $149 a month on ATT Uverse just to watch F1..

See our F1 related articles too!