FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
Is it just me or was the Belgian Grand Prix one of the worse TV productions in the history of the sport?
Somebody needs to do something about these idiot directors who know nothing about calling a race.
Case in point: 3 cars are flying down to eau rouge, side by side,
and from Senna's in-car shot just before they turn in, they cut to the helicopter????? Are you f-ing kidding me?
This was only one out many times they did this, instead of staying with the in-car shot as they
roll through eau rouge or any of the other corners, they would always cut away at the really exciting moments.
Out of 90 minutes of the race we didn't get more then 4 minutes of in-car shots. That's deplorable!
Somebody please kick that idiot director in the head and tell those imbeciles that the in-car shots are the best.
They capture the true element of speed better then any track side camera can.
A blind monkey could direct better then that jerk.
And make that guy watch the Isle of Man TT motorcycle race to see what in-car shots add to a TV production.
Is it just me or was the Belgian Grand Prix one of the worse TV productions in the history of the sport?

It's just you.

Seemed fine to me.

It was ok, but he's right on some of these races how many times do you catch martin and coulthard getting ready to call something then ti switches and they are like, eh uhh well..
We went to an action packed Belgian grand prix, but were surprised to see that the same action wasn't portrayed on TV. There were only ever 2 choppers in the air at a time and it is a long track. Compare this to the Hungaroring where there are 4 for a small track. Schumacher's charge through the pack from 24th to 5th was great to watch at the track but none of this was shown onTV, likewise with other scuffles lower down the order. How many other races do we not get to see the good stuff?? :nono:
Not brilliant, especially when you consider the fact that you're actually meant to catch more of the action when watching on TV!! :eek:

Going there is great for the people, the atmosphere, the noise, seeing the cars... but you usually see more of the on track action when watching the TV coverage.

Seems it was the other way round at Spa!

See our F1 related articles too!