FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By racechick
Not that im complaining but just turned on tele and quali is on sky 1, why's that? And is the race on too?

:doh: I'm being dumb. I watched quali on sky go. Should have said that at the outset. So that's a weird one Stonemonkey! ( my sky go is only sky HD not the full sky package)

Yep, sky were showing quali on 2 channels, sky1 and skyF1, i was asking about that.

Oh haha. Not doing too well am I. :blush:
By stonemonkey
Lol. Anyway, the race isnt on sky1 so im having to watch on sky go.
By Ian Massey
Just found out that Bernie has sold out to Sky. From2019 my family will be excluded from watching coz we cannot afford subsciption. Nice one Bernie, trample all over loyal fans so you can worship the cash cow!! TV figures are falling so great idea to cut out majority of us!
By myownalias
Just found out that Bernie has sold out to Sky. From2019 my family will be excluded from watching coz we cannot afford subsciption. Nice one Bernie, trample all over loyal fans so you can worship the cash cow!! TV figures are falling so great idea to cut out majority of us!

Yes, I read about this yesterday, it really seems like FOM has scored an own goal with this move. I would say that all but the most hardcore of fans will not buy a SKY subscription just to watch F1. We really should not be surprised by this decision given the direction F1 has taken in the past 10-15 years, moving away from traditional F1 circuits in search of bigger hosting fees from far flung races in countries with rich governments. It's all about the money for FOM these days, Bernie/CVC don't care about the long term future of the sport. You just have to look at the situation with the US Grand Prix, not that the TX government won't fund it fully, there is a good chance after 2016 that the race will go away.
By LewEngBridewell
Highlights of the races are still to be shown on a "free channel". What channel this exactly, I'm not sure. I'm not too bothered about that, really. Highlights miss far less out than people realise.

See our F1 related articles too!