FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
First time poster, but long time reader though :)
Thought i'd give you the link to the edit I just finished, got a bit bored of waiting for the official one, so I thought i;d have a go myself xD

Here you go:
[youtube]5rqhyKRelpc[/youtube]
Enjoy (:
Really good edit, very professional!

I hope that now you've joined after :lurker: for so long, you'll contribute to the discussion!

Also moved this post to a more appropriate spot in F1 & Motorsport Media
Hey phenomenal job, I especially liked the drum beat edit around the 40 second mark. Not my first choice for music :hehe: but I actually didn't even mind it because there was so much attention to detail in marrying it to the visual. Good job.

You should give yourself a proper introduction.
Curious... what's the legality of it? Did you get the actual F1 feed from recorded HD content? When you use it like that and put it to a song are you free from copyright bounds because of artistic interpretation of sorts? We wouldn't want Bernie after you. :D
Curious... what's the legality of it? Did you get the actual F1 feed from recorded HD content? When you use it like that and put it to a song are you free from copyright bounds because of artistic interpretation of sorts? We wouldn't want Bernie after you. :D

Legally, it's illegal and I wouldn't be surprised to see FOM have it removed; all material that is copyrighted can not be circumvented by artistic expression, it still uses copyrighted material and it's illegal to use without prior permission of the copyright holders. For example when the BBC uses a song overlay; they pay performing rights fees to use the music, same as radio broadcasts.

Oh I wish, im guessing its not legal at all, If Bernie doesn't like it, then FOM will just block, its happened to me in the past! I don't see why they don't have an Official F1 Youtube Channel, motogp does! There's so much footage stored away, they need to do something with it!
Hey phenomenal job, I especially liked the drum beat edit around the 40 second mark. Not my first choice for music :hehe: but I actually didn't even mind it because there was so much attention to detail in marrying it to the visual. Good job.

You should give yourself a proper introduction.

Thanks a lot :D Yeah I like to mix video in with the beats of the music, kinda emphasises how fast paced F1 is!
And yeah I suppose I could, I plan on doing one of these for each race now, so plenty more to come :yes:

Legally, it's illegal and I wouldn't be surprised to see FOM have it removed; all material that is copyrighted can not be circumvented by artistic expression, it still uses copyrighted material and it's illegal to use without prior permission of the copyright holders. For example when the BBC uses a song overlay; they pay performing rights fees to use the music, same as radio broadcasts.

yeah but there is artistic licence that allows you to use a copyrighted image in if changed or mixed with other media as your own form of expression... Just look at the Warhol Campbell's soup cans. Nothing prohibits me from taking pictures from a magazine and making an artistic collage of them and putting it forward as my own work, in a sense that's what being done here, but I was simply curious as to the legal borderline.

yeah but there is artistic licence that allows you to use a copyrighted image in if changed or mixed with other media as your own form of expression... Just look at the Warhol Campbell's soup cans. Nothing prohibits me from taking pictures from a magazine and making an artistic collage of them and putting it forward as my own work, in a sense that's what being done here, but I was simply curious as to the legal borderline.

I don't believe that applies to copyrighted video or audio; maybe if the video was stilled framed; it *could* be legal under artistic licence!

See our F1 related articles too!