FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By darwin dali

Hello F1 fans

If you live in the uk you may know the BBC plan on dropping F1 next year and it may be heading for PPV tv. So i have set up a Twitter and Facebook campaign to get the fans voices heard.
In just over a week we have 450+ followers but still need a lot more so if you live in the uk or in a country that gets the BBC F1 feed i ask you to follow us to help save F1 on the BBC. Of course its a long shot getting our voices heard but the more there are of us the more chance we have of getting someone in the business to give us a Retweet etc which would help bring this campaign to light.

Thank you and please follow

http://twitter.com/#!/F1_For_Free

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Keep-F1-o ... 1281832578
By andrew
I'm pretty sure there is something in the Concorde Agreement about a certain amount of F1 coverage being on free to air TV. I would not get worried about F1 disappearing from free to view TV in the UK.

I don't really care if F1 is on the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5, as long as it is still free to view. To be honest, the BBC coverage is every bit as bad as ITV's. I would welcome a change and hope that the coverage goes to a channel that delivers exactly what they said they would, unlike the BBC who promised excellent coverage with commentary options for the viewers. Well that lasted a handful of races. At the moment I watch the race with the TV on mute and BBC Radio 5 Live on the radio. The Radio 5 commentary is far superior to that of BBC 1.
By McLaren
I'm pretty sure there is something in the Concorde Agreement about a certain amount of F1 coverage being on free to air TV. I would not get worried about F1 disappearing from free to view TV in the UK.

I don't really care if F1 is on the BBC, ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5, as long as it is still free to view. To be honest, the BBC coverage is every bit as bad as ITV's. I would welcome a change and hope that the coverage goes to a channel that delivers exactly what they said they would, unlike the BBC who promised excellent coverage with commentary options for the viewers. Well that lasted a handful of races. At the moment I watch the race with the TV on mute and BBC Radio 5 Live on the radio. The Radio 5 commentary is far superior to that of BBC 1.

Really? I'm the complete opposite I love the beeb's coverage.Being able to watch every pracci,quali and race live,free with no adverts.Didn't you watch when it was on itv with poxy adverts ruining it ?.I like the commentary now aswell.Got a good blend of people.

I for one probably wouldn't watch it if adverts were back in it again,they wound me up that much.As for paying for it ,no thanks :hehe:
By andrew
Really? I'm the complete opposite I love the beeb's coverage.Being able to watch every pracci,quali and race live,free with no adverts.Didn't you watch when it was on itv with poxy adverts ruining it ?.I like the commentary now aswell.Got a good blend of people.

I for one probably wouldn't watch it if adverts were back in it again,they wound me up that much.As for paying for it ,no thanks :hehe:

Yes I watched it on ITV. I've been paying attention to F1 since 94 and but could say I have been watching the sport for nearly 30 years! The adverts were annoying and the ITV was poor. I don't bother with the practise sessions but watch qualifying and the race.

I could put up with the adverts if the overall coverage was improved. For me there is far too much waffle.
By darwin dali
Listen guys, this thread is NOT for discussing the quality of the BBC coverage (there are other threads for that). If you don't like the BBC coverage, don't post here - simple :thumbup:
By Jabberwocky
I think the BBC have done a top notch job and I hope they keep the contract going
By myownalias
Did I miss something? I never heard anything about the BBC dropping F1 next season; I know they were considering not renewing their contract in 2013! I guess that if F1 is dropped by the BBC, I won't be watching F1 as I won't be reinstating my $53 cable TV package in the US to watch the poor Speed coverage (in my opinion).
By myownalias
Are you saying if BBC drops F1, then SPEED will as well?

No I'm saying that I wouldn't pay $53 per month to watch F1 on Speed TV, cable TV in the US is truly horrendous!, hence why I cancelled and watch the BBC TV channels online instead!
By LewEngBridewell
Did I miss something? I never heard anything about the BBC dropping F1 next season; I know they were considering not renewing their contract in 2013!

Yes, this is what I was wondering...... :confused:

See our F1 related articles too!