FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By wolw
Does anyone know where to buy T-shirts other than the "standard" ones offered from McLaren's web shop ?
I made a T-shirt of my own this afternoon and it's T-shirts in that style I like.

Thanks,

Peter

Nice job on the design :) . I think some fans may frown upon non-official shirts but a que could be taken from you to design their own and express one's own artistic idea's and team support.

Good job mate and cheers,
tex :thumbup:
By bud
Nice self promotion but looks like you need to buy some off yourself, you're the only one who makes them! But be careful McLaren is pretty protective of their copyrights.
By wolw

So' there's only McLaren's official and sanctioned ones to buy ? I'll remove the pictures if it's inappropriate.
I'd prefer to buy them instead of making them though. I'm an airbrush n00b, took me over 8 hours finding fonts, making stencils and airbrushing it (rain prevented me from doing what I was supposed to do).

Peter :)
yeah, if someone wants to sell McLaren, Mercedes, or Vodaphone merch, they have to pay licensing fees to use the trademarks.

So' there's only McLaren's official and sanctioned ones to buy ? I'll remove the pictures if it's inappropriate.
I'd prefer to buy them instead of making them though. I'm an airbrush n00b, took me over 8 hours finding fonts, making stencils and airbrushing it (rain prevented me from doing what I was supposed to do).

Peter :)

I serious doubt you would have any issue's from McLaren for making a few for your 'pack' but DO NOT try to sell them as that is where issue's could lie. Play it safe and show support for your team but then again another issue could arise, your team could steal your design or parts of it and use it as their own. I guess it really comes down to how you percieve and approach such things so to avoid such issue's I buy official merchandise beit concert shirts etc etc.
Very nice job on the shirt although I think there might be some questions asked about the back if you're spotted wearing it. Shame though, I like it better than a lot of the official stuff I've seen.
By wolw
Thanks, really appreciate it :)

I have absolutely no plans on selling or make another, took ages for that one, it was only for my personal satisfaction :oops: I have no worries being spotted by anyone here in the countryside of Sweden, but in two weeks I'm visiting my sister in Reigate (only 30km from Woking) that will be another matter :eek:
A beer on me if you spot me wearing it :beer:
Very nice job on the shirt although I think there might be some questions asked about the back if you're spotted wearing it. Shame though, I like it better than a lot of the official stuff I've seen.

I don't think it's a problem unless you try to sell them. At least it wouldn't be here in the US.
By bud
Yeah it's only if you try and sell them you're in breach of copyright because you don't have the licence to do so, saying that you could sell them to friends and the like without being caught :wink:
Thanks, really appreciate it :)

I have absolutely no plans on selling or make another, took ages for that one, it was only for my personal satisfaction :oops: I have no worries being spotted by anyone here in the countryside of Sweden, but in two weeks I'm visiting my sister in Reigate (only 30km from Woking) that will be another matter :eek:
A beer on me if you spot me wearing it :beer:

Yeah, I was meaning if you were at a gp or something.

See our F1 related articles too!