FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
The BBC coverage is better than ITV's but that is hardly a compliment. Anything without ad breaks and James Allan yelling whatever is popular at the time is a bonus.

The BBC have far too much guff at the start and far too much at the end. As with all BBC sports coverage, they feel the need to have far too many pundits (BBC 1 coverage has at least 7 compared to Radio 5 Live which has 2 commentators and shares the 2 in the pitlane with BBC 1). Brundle is just awful to listen to. He is far too obsessed with the Brit's and talks over Coulthard, who is enjoyable to listen to. It's little wonder the BBC claim they are strapped for cash, but this saturation by pundits is not limited to F1.

Thankfully, I can avoid the hour of guff at the start and the hour of guff at the end, watch the race on mute with Radio 5 on.

Actually, a good comparision is the MotoGP coverage and the F1 coverage. The MotoGP coverage is a lot more consise and far more informative than anything the BBC has come close to producing since F1 returned to the BBC.

Oh for the days of Murray Walker and Johnathan Palmer - excellent commentary with the minimum of people and guff!

But to the thread question, the answer is quite easily. I am obliged to pay my TV License tax, I mean fee, much of which goes to the BBC. If I don't feel I am getting good value for my £145 per year then I can moan, especially when I only watch the BBC for the F1 and MotoGP!

Dont think anyones really bothered anymore to be honest.
Bigger does not mean better. :wink:

Not always, but I do believe the BBC is the best for F1. ITV was crap.

ITV was terrible but I'm not a huge fan of the BBC coverage either.

Anyway, we could go back and forth until the cows come home, which will be a while 'cos I don't own any, so how's about answering the frightfully easy question in the Trivia Quiz? :whip:
Bigger does not mean better. :wink:

Not always, but I do believe the BBC is the best for F1. ITV was crap.

ITV was terrible but I'm not a huge fan of the BBC coverage either.

Anyway, we could go back and forth until the cows come home, which will be a while 'cos I don't own any, so how's about answering the frightfully easy question in the Trivia Quiz? :whip:

:rofl:

I will take a look soon. Have a few errands to run, and then I'll take it to task. :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!